XI - The game Continues

"I am here."

All Might felt some sort of obligation to spout his catch phrase, but it seemed meaningless to him as he stood atop the stairs and gazed down below. Villains swarming the USJ. Aizawa and Thirteen overwhelmed and unconscious. His heart ached at the thought of the fear the students must be feeling, wherever they were. So yes, he was there, but was already supposed to be. He should have already been there, and none of this would have happened.

But the day wasn't over yet.

Springing into the air and swooping down in the blink of an eye, the top hero took down the villains that surrounded Aizawa. He did this with ease and in seconds, as they were all dumbfounded and stunned by his mere presence. But All Might new that factor would wear off soon. He knew there had to be more villains in the facility, and once they got their bearings they could be a formidable threat with their combined numbers.

"I'm sorry Aizawa..." All Might apologized as he gently picked up the unresponsive teacher. He was in bad shape, and he needed help fast. But he would have to hang on just a bit longer.

Seeing three students nearby, All Might dashed towards them. He knew there were villains in front of them, but he paid little attention to them. He offered no interaction to them, not even a single punch. The air force from his swift movement was enough to stun them, which was all he needed. His only focus was on the students and getting them to safety. But if today was going to be a victory, he knew he would need to call on their help.

All Might got the four to a safe distance and took a protective stance in front of them, staring directly towards their nearby attackers. He saw that one lay on the ground, unconscious he presumed, while the other covered his face and searched the ground for his face covering. But the third one, it just stood there, so devoid of movement that it didn't even blink. All Might had encountered many individuals throughout his career, but there was something very different about this one.

"Get back to the entrance and take Aizawa. Quickly." All Might directed, keeping his attention on the criminals.

"B-but All Might-" Midoriya tried to argue.

Sternly, All Might cut him off. "There is no room for negotiation here, young Midoriya. Now you must leave."

"Y/N's there All Might!" Izuku cried, desperate to get his word in.

Upon hearing the urgency and quiver in his student's voice, All Might glanced back at him. He saw his face was plastered with worry, his eyes glossy and his arm trembling as he pointed to the villain who laid on the ground. Could it be? Midoriya's friend that had disappeared? All Might couldn't see his face, but it was clear to him that the other boy was young. The villains likely recognized this too, and took advantage of his young age by manipulating his developing mind into joining their cause.

Whether he was Y/N or not, he still needed to be rescued from their clutches.

Indistinguishable, echoey sounds filled Y/N's head. His vision was equally blurry as he opened his eyes, seeing the white grid that was the pane dome ceiling of the USJ. He tried to sit up, but as he did he winced and clutched his head. The pain was momentarily a complete shock, giving it a stronger bite. But once he fully came to, he remembered what had happened.

All Might.

He had rushed in, snatching Deku and those other kids away. He was so fast that the air around him whipped into Y/N and Shigaraki's faces, and it was enough to knock Y/N off his feet and hit his head on the concrete. That bastard ruined a new part of Y/N's life every time he walked into it.

Standing back up, Y/N ignored his throbbing head and glanced across the plaza. There was Nomu, crouched next to Kurogiri who laid on the ground, both staring ahead at the man himself. The man who was bleeding... Nomu was doing his job, and to think Y/N almost missed all of it. But that scene only held the boy's attention for a moment, as he saw his personal target ahead, the distance between creating an intersection with All Might and Nomu's standoff.

Y/N smirked as he narrowed his eyes. Now that All Might was preoccupied and Eraserhead was nowhere to be seen, his moment to get Deku was now. But before he could barely take one step, a pale hand fell onto his shoulder, one that was careful to leave at least one finger suspended from contact.

"... And you could have seriously harmed this child, who is no older than those ones." Shigaraki's voice was dry and irritated as he pointed at All Might accusingly. "You put your hypocrisy on full display for all to see. Why is it that you and those kids can engage in violent actions that exceed mine, and still claim the right to judge what is good and what's evil?"

Now that his hearing had returned fully, Y/N needed no more context to the situation. Shigaraki was taking his back and pulling the moral high ground right out from under the world's favorite hero and exposing him for what he is.

"Whether you claim it is for the better of people or not, you are still violent." The villain gazed across the four nearby students, among which was Deku. "And violence always breeds more violence. I'll make sure the world understands that when you're dead."

All Might fired back. "You villains try to make your deeds sound noble, making up ridiculous justifications. But admit it. You're only doing this because you want to."

Shigaraki took his hand off of Y/N, and lowered his voice to a growl only the boy could hear. "He's got me all figured out."

Y/N and Shigaraki moved to stand with Kurogiri and Nomu, the beast unmoving as it waited for its order. But what All Might said next made Y/N come full stop.

"And what have you done to young Y/N? Twisted him into doing your sick bidding?"

He really thought Shigaraki did this? Was he so self absorbed and righteous that he couldn't see what he did that day? He didn't see the hope and happiness drain out of that boy's eyes? Those same eyes that now contained pure hatred.

"This is your fault, All Might."

The large hero's smile didn't falter, but it was evident throughout every other part of his face that those words hit him harder than a punch that Nomu could pull. And that felt good.

Shigaraki too was surprised by Y/N's sudden remark, quickly glancing back at the boy. But instead of feeling remorse, he was proud.

"You see All Might." Shigaraki began. "How can you call yourself the symbol of peace when

you drove Y/N here straight into a path of villainy as society would describe it. You made him

the very thing you seek to destroy in this world."

All Might stood there for a moment. He offered no counter argument, nothing. Was that his way of admitting defeat? That this was one battle he knew he could not overcome? The past was the past, and there was nothing that his quirk could do to change it.

The silence was loud. But it wasn't quiet for much longer.

All Might stood up tall and defiantly.

"Enough talk. Time to finish this." His booming voice declared, before addressing the UA kids with a thumbs up. "Now, get out of here! It will be alright!"

The villains agreed, talk was over. Their leader offered instructions of his own.

"Nomu, Kurogiri. Kill him. Y/N and I will deal with the children."

Y/N watched Deku. He and the others didn't seem to be listening. If they knew what was good for them they should have taken the advice from the one they so blindly worshiped. Not that Y/N was disappointed.

"Let's clear this level and go home."

All Might knew he had to move quickly. The large mindless villain would have to be his focus. It had nearly taken him out just moments before, and would have had the students not shown up. This time there was no one to rely on but himself.

He had to stop those villains, and save that boy.

4 to 1, they stood face to face.

After months of waiting, It was time to finish this. Once and for all.

A/N: Hey everyone, hope the chapter was okay. I know not much happened, but as you probably guessed there will be more action in the next one. For those of you who were here when I was working on this book well over a year ago, welcome back and thanks for sticking around. You'll notice more changes in the next chapter as I rewrite it. Hope you all enjoy :)