Power Struggle: Part 2

Raine didn't trust the other Coven heads, especially Terra. They had good reasons to doubt that the other Coven leaders wanted what was best for the Isles, and not just themselves.

That's why they decided to follow Ms. Snapdragon after the meeting was over. It didn't surprise them that she went to the ruins of the emperor's castle. Raine landed Fiddlesticks on the ground, and snuck over.

They hid behind a piece of the rubble as Terra began to investigate the still intact throne.

"What a shocker, she's also after the throne... Quite literally actually." Raine remarked mentally.

They were just about to use their purple scroll to send a message to Eda about it... When a vine wrapped around Raine's foot, and dragged them over to Terra. She sneered down at them.

"Did you honestly think I didn't see you following me, Raine?" Terra said, a vine wrapping around her hand and forming into a blade.

Raine began to struggle in the vine's grasp, as it slowly began to grow tighter with every movement they made.

"Shame too, you could have been useful during my rise to power." Terra remarked, keeping her sneer. "But alas-"

Suddenly, a blast of abomination goo hit her side; knocking her to the ground and loosening her vines' grip on Raine. They jumped up and quickly summoned a violin in their hands.

Before Terra could even get up, Raine used his bard magic to force her limbs to stay on the ground, making her unable to do anything. Raine then looked around to see who had saved their life, and spotted Darius approaching from behind them.

"You're welcome." Darius plainly said as he stopped in front of Raine.

"So, you were following me then?" Raine asked him.

"Well, I followed you while you followed Terra. So I like to think of it as close supervision." Darius claimed, making Raine roll their eyes.

"Of course." Raine then turned to look down at the still restrained and resisting Terra, "What should we do about her?"

"If she made an attempt to take the throne for herself, I see no reason why the other Coven leaders won't." Darius said.

"Maybe they'll surprise us-" Raine was cut off when Darius pushed him out of the way of a wave of toxic fumes.

Vitimir jumped out from behind a piece of rubble, and flung two potions from off his belt. One at Darius, the other at Raine.

Darius quickly turned his arm into goo, broke the potion mid-air, and coated Vitimir in goo that restrained him as well. Raine wasn't as lucky, and the potion hit their arm.

They recoiled into a nearby piece of rubble, and the arm the potion hit became congealed in a gray substance that stuck to the rubble like concrete.

"Yep, they certainly did surprise us." Darius remarked, deadpanning at Raine.

Suddenly, multiple illusion clones of Adrian appeared around them. Darius, thinking fast, detached his goo arm from the blob that now restrained Vitimir, and swung it at the clones.

The makeshift whip phased through the illusions, but one of them ducked. Adrian then held onto his earring, and Darius could feel his head begin to pound. He groaned in pain as he was brought to his knees.

"Aw, what's the matter Darius? Don't like what you see?" Adrian sneered.

Memories of Darius' past flew by as he clutched his head. There was a lot he regretted in life... And now it all was being replayed in his head, over and over with no way for him to ignore it.