Lonely Stars

After about a week working on the Isles, creating a new Coven System, and fixing up the Owl House... Amity and Luz finally had some alone time on their hands.

Camila and Vee were out exploring (what remained of) the town, Lilith and Hooty were doing something called Howl-and-Hoot (Luz didn't even WANT to know), their friends were with their families (Hunter was doing something with Darius), and Eda was at the construction site of the new Titan Coven building with King and Raine

They sat on the couch in the living room of the Owl House, facing each other as they relaxed.

"You know, it's good to be able to relax... Together... Alone." Luz said, smiling at her girlfriend.

"I completely agree, Luzura..." Amity smiled back.

Luz giggled. They then looked deeply at each other, closed their eyes, and began to lean in...

"Hey, kid?"Luz and Amity paused right before their lips were about to meet.

"...Yeah Eda?" Luz asked, turning toward the door to look at the witch.

"We need your help down at Bonesborough. Some supplies ended up missing, we're thinking they got stolen by someone. So we're moving what's left of the supplies ." Eda answered, leaning in the doorway.

"Can't you get the Coven heads to help you with that?" Luz asked, not wanting to have to go deal with it and miss out on relaxing with her girlfriend.

"Well, Mason is helping lead the construction efforts in town, Osran is helping people with mental problems after being puppets for so long, and Hettie helping to tend to some of the refuges that hid out in the caves during the Collector's reign." Eda explained. "Me, King, and Raine could really use the help kid."

Luz sighed. Of course everyone else was busy.

"Alright then, let's go." Luz got up off the couch.

"I'll come too." Amity said, also getting off the couch.

"No, no... Don't bother. I think we can handle this without you. You can just relax here for now, I'll be back in a bit." Luz told her.

"Well, if you're sure..." Amity said as she sat back down on the couch.

Luz nodded, and followed Eda outside. She took Stringbean from off her shoulder, and the Palismen turned into her staff form. Luz hopped on as Eda transformed into her harpy form. They both took off into the sky.

As they flew, Luz couldn't help but notice some clouds forming in the sky.

"Hey, you sure it's not going to rain?" Luz asked as they flew.

"Nah, I can tell just from looking at the sun that it'll be nothing but clear skies today!" Eda claimed.

***

Luz and Eda were barely able to duck into the storage building when the rain started.

"Oh, clear skies huh?" Luz deadpanned, making sure her clothes were still intact as she did.

Eda chuckled sheepishly, before they both turned to look at the crates upon crates that filled the large room.

"So, we just have to move all this ?" Luz asked Eda.

Eda nodded, "Yep... Though, Raine and King should be here already." she remarked, looking around.

Then, out from behind one of the crates... Came a red biped demon with black hair, and brown cloak. Goggles covered her eyes. "Are you Eda Clawthorne and Luz Noceda?" The demon asked.

"Yes... Who are you?" Luz asked hesitantly. She had been tricked into thinking one biped demon was another before only a week and a half ago. Luz didn't want to take any chances.