A Blade of Red: Part 2

Note: This chapter takes place during and after the events of Chapter 6.

Kikimora had never felt more in control of her life then now.

In only the first few days since the formation of the Mercenary Coven, they had gained a very large following. All in secret too. From Biped Demons to Witches, people from the different races across the Isles had been convinced to join up with them.

They had even created an official sigil for the Coven: A circle jagged dagger. It got the point across that they all were indeed Mercenaries, and used their magic for combat specifically.

Kikimora had ditched her old disguise for a new outfit. She now wore clothes similar to Valera's, but without the goggles.

Speaking of the demon, Valera walked up to Kikimora as she was looking at the Boiling Isles map she had gotten ahold of.

"So... Get this. There's supplies being brought to the council building of that new Coven I warned you about." Valera deadpanned, crossing her arms.

Kikimora groaned. This was the sixth time today she had rubbed it in her face that she was wrong about the Coven heads.

They had gone and formed a Coven that united the entirety of the Isles... What she had really hoped wouldn't happen. But alas, the Titan Coven now was the primary faction in control of the Isles.

And now Kikimora had to work EXTRA hard to establish control.

"We could steal the supplies, easily." Kikimora blurted out as soon as the thought entered her mind.

"But I thought we were-" Valera began, but was cut off by Kikimora.

"A little risk of exposure is necessary for us to overpower the Titan Coven, and show those loyal to it that there is a better option for leadership." Kikimora explained.

Valera lifted her arms slightly in exasperation, "Fair enough. But I can't steal the supplies right now, we still have the issue of those debt collectors to deal with." she reminded her friend.

Kikimora sighed. She had forgotten about them. A few days ago, they had run out of money. So they took a loan from a group of Witches from the Palm Stings. Due to some improper negotiations on their part, the due date to pay them back was today... But they didn't have the snails needed to pay them back yet.

So that meant one of them had to go to the Palm Stings to try and talk them into extending their payment due date.

"I'll go." Kikimora told Valera, surprising her.

"You sure? I know how you feel about the Palm Stings..." Valera said, but Kikimora shook her head.

"No, no! It's fine. I can do it." Kikimora insisted. "You just have to go do this supply robbery for me."

"Well, if you're sure... I'll head out now." Valera said, turning to walk away.

"You already got a plan for how you're going to do it?" Kikimora asked, to which Valera chuckled.

"Oh, if my plan works... I'll barely have to do anything at all." She smirked.

With that, Valera got onto a wagon, and rode off toward the exit of the hideout.

Kikimora waved her off as Valera left, and sighed as she looked over at Roka. She had a long flight ahead of her.

***

It was official. Kikimora hated birds.

Every minute it seemed like one would bash into the side of the flying Roka, or in the rare occurrence, into her face.