Two Little Monkeys

Wukong's house went from a one-room hut on Flower Fruit Mountain to a nice off-the-grid home with two bedrooms, a kitchen, a bathroom, and everything else a single father would need in a home to help raise a young child. It was small but enough for both him and a growing Tao. Wukong and the others were able to turn his house into a home.

It was a beautiful early morning on the mountain, the monkeys that lived on the mountain with Wukong had enjoyed the new house as they were many new things to climb on. Wukong opened a bedroom door, up against the back wall of the room was a bed with a small lump under the covers with a few sleeping monkeys surrounding the lump; he couldn't help but smile as he approached the bed.

"Tao wake up," Wukong shook him.

Tao, now 10 years old, sat up in bed rubbing the sleep out of his eyes and the monkeys that had slept in his bed were up and started to climb on him.

"Do I have to?" Tao muttered before looking out the window, seeing the sun hadn't even risen yet. "It's still early."

"Of course, Bud," Wukong had a big smile, "MK's helping me with your training today. He's waiting for you.

Wukong placed a hand on top of his son's head before ruffling up his hair, making Tao's already messy bedhead messier. "Hurry up and get dressed."

Tao smiled at his dad, when Wukong left the room closing Tao's bedroom door behind him, Tao's smile dropped before falling back onto his pillow with an annoyed and frustrated groan. 

Tao changed out of a white shirt and blue shorts that were his pajamas and into a turquoise hoodie with an orange front pocket, sleeves, and the same smiling monkey that MK had on his jacket, and pair of dark blue pants and red sneakers. He walked out of the house, looking tired as he saw Wukong talking to MK while they waited for him.

"Hey Tao," MK waved excitedly, "are you ready to get started?"

Tao flashed a big smile at them, knowing that wouldn't catch on to the fact that that smile was all for show. 

"What are you guys gonna teach me?" Tao walked towards the duo still smiling.

"We're gonna have you work on your speed," Wukong ruffled his son's hair again, "we're gonna have you watch, and pay very close attention to us. Okay?"

"Okay?" Tao nodded excitedly.

Wukong walked away from Tao to go over to MK for the demonstration, meanwhile, Tao's smile disappeared and fixed up his ruffled-up hair before sitting on a rock to watch, looking bored as monkeys joined Tao and the rock he was sitting on. 

A few hours later, when the sun had risen over the horizon Macaque was in his personal dojo meditating. Wukong wasn't the only one whose house got an upgrade; the place he used to call a lair was now the home he and Chyou had created to start their life and family. Macaque took deep breaths, as he let go of his thoughts during this time, seemingly unaware he was being watched.

A small shadowy creature hid behind the punching bags, before quickly moving to a rack full of bamboo staffs. Macaque seemed unaware of the small creature in his dojo, it quickly charged toward him from behind. A smirk formed on Macaque's face, before the shadowy creature could reach him, he opened one of his shadow portals for it to fall in. 

"Nice try, Moonstone," Macaque chuckled.

Macaque opened the portal and a 10-year-old Daiyu landed in front of him giving him a pouty face. Macaque looked at his daughter with her hair in a ponytail and a short pale yellow pajama set; this had been routine for them, Macaque would be meditating in the morning and Daiyu would try to sneak up on him every few days. 

"But you are improving." Macaque smiled.

Those were the words that turned Daiyu's pout into a smile. 

"Now," Macaque stood up, "let me show you how a pro does it."

Macaque vanished into one of the walls, only leaving his shadow. Daiyu followed her dad's shadow, and it moved across the floor out of the dojo, down the hall, and into the kitchen. Chyou was in the kitchen, still in her pajamas, drinking a cup of tea. Macaque's head peak out of the floorboard and Daiyu watch quietly giggling. Chyou let out a shriek when Macaque grabbed her by the waist and picked her up.

"Macaque," Chyou looked over her shoulder at her, "what are you doing?"

"What," Macaque had a cheeky grin on his face, "I can't hold my wife?"

Chyou sighed. "What am I going to do with you?"

"Love me until the world comes to an end." Macaque nuzzled her cheek.

Chyou rolled her eyes, before giving her a peck on the lips. "That I can do."

Daiyu rolled her eyes at her parents' being lovey with each other as she walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of juice and sat at the kitchen table.

"I'm gonna take Daiyu to Flower Fruit Mountain this afternoon," Macaque let go of Chyou.

"That's fine," Chyou said, "I have to do some running around for the teahouse, so I won't be home until dinner. Just don't be late."

Hearing where Daiyu was going to go to see Tao, Wukong, and MK made her smile.

Later in the afternoon, the others joined MK, Wukong, and Tao on the mountain and started setting everything up for lunch. Daiyu, dressed in a beige cargo jacket, a white shirt, a straight dark red skirt, and white socks with her dark red sneakers, ran towards the group with Macaque walking a few feet behind her.

"Hey Sweetie," Wukong smiled.

"Hi, Mr. Wukong," Daiyu smiled. "Where's Tao?"

"He's right over--," Wukong gestured to the rock, but he was no longer there.

Wukong was shocked to see that he had disappeared. "Where did he go?"

"He might have gone back to his room," MK suggested.

"I can go get him." Daiyu insisted. 

Before Wukong or Macaque could protest against it, Daiyu left to go get Tao. Pigsy, Tang, and Sandy watched her run past them into the house.

"Tao?" Daiyu opened his bedroom door.

The room was empty, with no sign of him anywhere. Daiyu knew the one place he would be, it was the one place Wukong didn't know about.