• 7 •

CHAPTER 7
"Never trust the love interest"
November 1, 2022

•    •    •    •                                              •    •    •    •

• • • •                                              • • • •

He will try to take away my pain
And he just might make me smile
But the whole time
I'm wishing he was you instead

• • • •                                              • • • •

"I answered their ad online?.." she shrugged her shoulders.

Mindy stopped her "Say no more you've already implicated yourself enough!"

"It was an anonymous ad Mindy, and you know we did a background check. Plus her and Ethan's dads a cop." Tara explained.

"And it makes it easier for her to be the killer because her dads a cop. Do you not remember how these movies work Tara?!"

"Is she always like this" Quinn asked Sam who nodded in response.

"Speaking of Ethan and Quinn, how come you have different last names but still related huh?" Mindy turned her head towards Ethan.

"Oh—So uh," Ethan froze. the 'speech' he had practiced with Val about this situation was suddenly out the window and he felt his heartbeat quicken.

"Well?" Mindy crossed her arms waiting for a response but Ethan couldn't speak.

Val tried to make eye contact with his best friend but it was no use. His eyes wouldn't leave the ground.

Chad looked at Val questionably before reaching his arm out and placing a hand on Ethan's knee — rubbing it softly to get his attention.

"Hey love, You okay?" He asked calmly looking up at Ethan.

"Just peachy" He whispered, his face turning red from the embarrassment of everyone hearing Chad calling him love but on the inside he was screaming. Literally screaming! he could not handle how cute Chad sounded when he said that.

Chad squeezed his knee comfortingly before departing "Mindy, move on" he said, beginning to write on his notebook again.

Quinn shot Val a look that said 'make sure he's okay'.

"Fine" Mindy cleared her throat pettily  "And finally, Anika" Anika tilted her head, blowing her girlfriend a kiss. "Never trust the love interest" mindy turned serious.