• 14 •

CHAPTER 14
"What's your favorite scary movie?"
November 2, 2022

•    •    •    •                                              •    •    •    •

• • • •                                              • • • •

"Can't breathe whenever you're gone
Can't go back, I'm haunted."

• • • •                                              • • • •

"Shh," Chad whispered comfortingly in Ethan's ear as  he rocked him back and forth. His heart broke for the boy and for himself. He considered Val to be one of his closest friends, he always thought he could depend on him but that doesn't seem likely anymore.

The boys jolted when they heard the noises of glass crashing and they turned to look behind them to see Ethan's father and Sam landing on the glass displays.

Ethan wiped his tears and stood up alongside Chad to check on Sam, they ran over to her and helped her up.

"Are you okay?" Chad asked "I'm fine" she said as she dusted herself off. Ethan looked at his father who's chest was still rising but showed no signs of being awake.

"I have a plan." Sam spoke looking at Ethan "I know how to kill him, and i think you should do the honors, Ethan." A dark look elicited on Ethan's face as he spoke lowly.

"What's the plan?."

• • • •

Ethan was hiding in a dark corner in his ghostface robe and mask, waiting for Sam to give him a signal.

As Ethan waited he couldn't help but sigh, he was exhausted and drained. He doesn't know how he hasn't passed out yet. He was so into his thoughts that he almost didn't notice Sam giving him the signal that Bailey was waking up.

He watched as his father lifted himself off the floor and limped around, holding his gun tightly. Behind detective Bailey was Sam, Chad and Tara hiding and he could see Chad sending him a sweet smile which made Ethan's heart swell.

Bailey started walking behind the curtain where the other ghostface costumes were located. This gave ethan the chance to turn on the voice changer and he dialed his dads number.

Once he heard the line go through he began speaking "HELLO, DETECTIVE BAILEY. IVE GOT ONE QUESTION FOR YOU" Ethan spoke into the phone with a menacing look on his face.

Bailey scoffed "Oh yeah? What's that?" Bullets could be heard flying across the room which made Ethan flinch but he held his ground.