2 | Akihiro (Attempts) to Make Friends

Deku?!

Akihiro walked up to the smaller teen, resting his hand on the boy's shoulder. Deku was a bit startled, turning to see the white-haired boy next to him.

"Aki-chan?! Oh, why am I surprised! Of course, you're in the hero class!" The boy attempted to smile.

"Not that it isn't good to see you Deku-chi, but how the fuck did you make it into the hero course?" The smaller boy cringed at the name a bit, though he had gotten used to it over time. That, and he knew Akihiro meant it in a much nicer way than Kaachan did. In Aki's eyes, it was just a nickname. In Katsuki's eyes, it was a demeaning term.

"Oh! Well, it's a bit of a long story..." The boy trailed off, not wanting to lie to his (sort of) friend.

"What, did you magically gain a quirk?" Akihiro laughed, not noticing the smaller boy's uncomfortable face. "Listen, I mean no offense but you're quirkless. You can dream big, but you just can't be a hero without a quirk." Aizawa had always taught him to be realistic. Rip the band-aid off now instead of waiting until it gets worse. As much as it may hurt, life is full of pain. Once you know the truth, you can move on to something better and get past the hopeless pipe dream.

Midoriya shrugged, trying to avoid the topic of conversation and reminding himself to ask All Might about some sort of excuse to give his old junior high friends.

"Ah, whatever Broccoli. Let's just go to the first test, eh?" Akihiro said, nonchalantly wrapping his arms around Midoriya's shoulder, reveling in the light blush that dusted his face. Always so easy to fluster!

The group quickly arrived at the area set up for a 50-meter dash. Well, if I'm allowed to use my quirk, I don't technically have to run, right? He thought, trying his best to think up ways to avoid the task of exercise at all costs.

He eventually dropped his arm from Midoriya's shoulder. Missing how the smaller boy glanced down on it with a very small amount of hope that Akihiro might move it back.

Midoriya shook his head, trying to get his face to stop blushing red while Akihiro silently laughed at his successful attempt to fluster the smaller boy.

The first up was that tall preppy asshole was yelling at Katsuki and some green-haired girl. Despite hearing all of their names, Akihiro still decided to call them whatever he could think of. He didn't really have time to memorize twenty new names.

The preppy kid was fast⁠— really fast. Heh⁠— not bad for a sonic knockoff.

Pretty soon, he was about to run against some spiky-haired girl. He swore he recognized her, but he just couldn't seem to place her. Great, she probably thinks I'm some freak show for staring this long. Sorry lady! I just can't figure out where I know you from!

He didn't have any more time for talking as the dash was about to start. He focused on all the light he had absorbed from standing outside. At least it was a bright sunny day and he was able to soak in all the sunlight. It would make this a whole lot easier.

He made a platform out of bright, golden light, making sure his feet were secured by light straps. Last time I tried this I fell on m face. This time I'd rather not do that. He raised the platform up behind and heard the signal to go. He made a small hand gesture and the platform surged forward, passing the robotic timer and slowing down after. He let the platform fall, getting rid of the straps and allowing the light to dissolve and soak back into his skin.

4.23 seconds. A robotic voice said. Well, that's certainly better than my junior high score. He stretched out, glancing toward Aizawa and looking for any sign of disapproval. The man nodded and Akihiro sighed, thankful that it was better than his old time.