The Princess

Hey guys.. I totally didn't abandon this book for like a whole year.. that couldn't be me at all. Anyway, sorry for the holdup. Let's see if I actually finish this lol

——————
Link

"I remember. I remember everything." I breathed out.

I feel so stupid. How could I not remember? I already lost my memory once, how could I manage to lose it again only halfway through my journey to free the divine beasts?

Earlier once I picked up the slate, a breeze of fresh air washed over me, showing me old memories filled with too many emotions for me to comprehend. Some were happy, sad, tragic, devastating.. and some were filled with love. I saw memories from some of the places I saw in the album, including the one I saw in that dream earlier. I knew I had recognized it from somewhere.
I also distinctly remember when I woke up in the shrine of resurrection. That was the beginning of my second quest. I only remembered little details from my first one when I woke up, which are the ones I remember right now.

Though I just rediscovered all of my memories, I couldn't think of anything else but her. Zelda.

I don't know how anybody could ever forget her. She had the most beautiful, soft, blonde hair and compassionate blue eyes. It was almost as if she was the goddess Hylia herself. Of course, she wasn't much of a fan of me, her knight, but I never hated her for that. She was very stubborn for a princess, but I kind of admired that. After all, she was just so passionate about her research and being able to strife on her own.
Urbosa always told me not to think badly about myself because Zelda believed she was a failure whenever she looked upon the sword that fell on my back. It's a shame that she doesn't realize how false that is.

I got snapped out of my thoughts- literally- by Piper snapping her fingers in my face.

She sighed in relief. "We were afraid you froze up again," She said.

"Anyway," Annabeth cut in. "So, you remember everything now? How much?"

I shook my head. I couldn't small talk with them now. I wasn't even finished taking back control of the rest of the divine beasts, and I needed to help the princess.
I pressed my hands on my knees to help myself up.

"I'm sorry, I have to go," I apologized to them. "How far away is Hyrule from here?"

Leo got up after me and tilted his head. "But, Delos island is right there! You can't just leave." He pointed towards an island that was approaching soon.
"Also, Hyrule? I'm not sure I've ever been there before."

I took out my sheikah slate and tapped the map icon. I showed him Hyrule and informed him of my home.

He took the slate and moved it up in the sun where he could see it. His eyes widened.
"What kind of map is this? What are these glowing things?" He kept on messing around with the slate as the rest watched over behind his shoulder and checked it out as well.

I began to get annoyed, "Do you even know what happened 100 years ago? How the great calamity struck?"

All of them looked at each other and exchanged unsure answers.

"Who even says calamity these days? That's such 1400s." Leo brushed off.

"Look," I said. "I need to get back home so I can help the princess defeat Calamity Ganon."

Piper gasped, "Woah, you have a princess? Do you live in the medieval times where you're a knight and your have to protect the princess?"

I sighed and snatched my sheikah skate back from their hands. I tapped on the weapons button and got out my master sword, bow, and shield.

"I am her appointed knight," I replied as i unsheathed the master sword.

They all broke out into laughter, thinking I was some kind of joke, I assume.
Maybe this is the true reason why I do not speak.

——————

While I was looking at the reflection of my sword, I noticed a colorful aura behind me. Apparently the rest did too, because their laughter faltered.

Behind me, a rainbow was forming from a wet puddle on the floorboards.

"An iris message? From who?" Hazel pondered.

The rainbow cleared up a bit and in the middle, a figure emerged.
I softly gasped and got down on one knee.

"Dude, why are you on the ground?" Leo whisper shouted to me.

"Princess," I titled my head up to see her face glowing in gold light.

I saw her eyes smile at me and reply, "Link. I suppose you remember?"

I nod at her as solemnly as I could.

"Good. I have contacted you to inform you of my research. I believe you may be stuck in a different universe." She concluded.

I blink at her. I never believed in the possibilities of there being other universes; there was never much information about them to begin with to be worthy enough to believe. But, I suppose Hyrule's technology has altered and become more advanced, so the chances of this happening was higher.
I wondered how I could have even traveled to a different universe in the first place. Maybe it was from when I last went over to Eventide Island by Luerlin Village. That place has always questioned me.

Zelda continued, "The only way to get back to Hyrule is one of the two portals that appear in the world you are in. I'm afraid one has already been both opened and closed. The next will be your only other chance."

I swallowed hard. The world on my shoulders, once again.

"Please," The princess pleaded. "You are our last hope. You are hyrule's last hope. Be safe, Link."

I nodded quickly as I helped myself back up on my feet. I stretched my hand out towards her before her picture dissolved back into the mist. I looked down, disappointed, then faced towards the demigods.
Their mouths dropped.

"You weren't kidding..." Frank was bedazzled.

"Why would I?" I said.

Annabeth stepped up to me. "Okay, okay. So now that we know all of your fairy tale stuff is real-"

I don't know why she was calling my world fairy tale when her world is even more fairy tale..

"-We need to figure out how to get you back to that portal. Though, we don't know how to get to it or what is going to cause it. In the meantime, you will help us."

I was about to oblige when she spoke again.

"You will." She demanded.

I decided the safest option was to keep quiet.

Piper complained on my right as her hands landed on her hips. "Hey, I thought I was supposed to be the one to charm speak."

——————

(A/N)
Sorry shorter chapter but I would like to point out I have absolutely no clue what the differences are between universes, timelines, dimensions, etc. I'm just going to use universe for now.

Also sorry if this sounds horrendous, I planned this chapter a year ago and I tried to edit it as best as I could. My writing style makes me cringe every time I look back at it LOL