Chapter 33: Careless Karaoke (Part Two)

__________

Last Chapter-

The song comes to an end as the audience cheers for Giffany. Her electronic voice made the song interesting. She bows down and walks off stage, not seeing Bill. Mabel comes up on stage and announces, "Next up, F/N L/N!"

__________

Bill stood still as Mabel looked through the sign-up sheet. She turned to Bill and whispered to him, "Are you sure you can do this? You signed up when you were okay, right now you aren't that well..." Bill reassured, "Oh, please! I can totally do this!" He hid behind the curtains, and said to you, "I'm going to give your body back, but I'm going to be your backup. So you don't act this drunk!" You nodded.

You turned to Mabel and said, "And anyway, that Blendin guy said I needed to perform." Mabel contemplated your words, "I-I guess you're right..." She turned to the audience, "It has been confirmed! F/N L/N is performing as our last person for the night!" The audience cheered loudly as you went onstage. You saw Ford behind the set looking over the electronics and lights to see if they were working properly. You come up to Soos holding the record, "Hey, Soos, can you play this record for me?" Soos took the record from your hands and said, "What's the name of the song, dude?" You pause and look at the record's title, "Puppet Loosely Strung by The Correspondents..." Soos took the record from your hand and said, "Sure, dude! Sounds like a fun song!"

The music started, it had an ominous intro with its music. And in a flash of a moment, the lights went out. Every single one of them, except from the one above you. The audience gasped and murmured in confusion, but decided to go with it. Ford scrambled over the machinery and quietly shouted to himself, "No, no, no, no, NO!" His facial expression told you that- that wasn't supposed to happen. Ford then stopped and gave up, and decided to sit back and look at your performance.

You walk back onstage and stand in the middle. You weren't holding up a microphone to your face, yet somehow, like before, your voice was loud like you were speaking into one. You didn't know the lyrics, yet somehow managed to sing them. You started with the first verse, facing the audience...

"Let me put myself in your shoes as a puppet loosely strung.

Around you they were so confused that a faulty man could have so much fun.

They read your smiles, nothing but teeth.

Looked at you with pity first, then disbelief."

Dipper looked on in disbelief. He turned to Mabel and whispered to her, "Mabel, Y/N is in the costume of Bill Cipher singing about puppets! Remember the sock opera? I was a puppet because of Bill!" Mabel turned to Dipper, "Maybe it's just a coincidence? You're just being paranoid as always." Dipper sighed and accepted, "You're right..."

You continued signing with the second verse...

"Let me put myself in your shoes as a puppet loosely strung.

They may think they'd never choose to be the man that you've become.

You never felt the need to conform.

We get drunk or high to feel what you've felt since you were born."

You sang your honesty out in the chorus...

"I'm tied to so many things I don't need to do.

I'll loosen my strings to feel more like you.

I'm tied to so many things I don't need to do.

I'll loosen my strings to feel more like you."

Bill watched on to the whole performance, "Wait, is this song about me!?" He started to ponder that question. And you sang the third verse out loud...