Chapter 2

Anya pov

The wedding was over, I'm so glad that Mum stopped us kissing, Becky would never let me live it down.

I should buy her some chocolates with Damian's money. Damian looks annoyed though. Mostly scared. Whenever we came to visit him, he sneer at me but tremble in fear whenever he and Mum's eyes met.

That's the only entertainment I've had through out this time. We arrive at the Desmonds Estate and I suddenly feel a chill. Do I really have to live here for the rest of my life?

Is our marriage really going to save the world where I failed when I was younger?

"This way, Young Mrs Desmond," the butler says.

"Anya is fine," I say shyly.
"Yes ma'am," he says.

He leads me to a large room with King sized bed, the room itself was very very pink, incontrast to the dark colours that filled the rest of the estate.

"Is Damian sleeping here?" I ask incredulously.

"No ma'am," the butler explained. "His father agreed since Damian was unwilling in relation to the marriage that you could have seperate rooms."

"Where is his room then?"

"Just across the hall," he directs.

"Thank you," I say politely.

When he leaves I let out a sigh of relief, "All for the sake of world peace."

"Are you still on that?" says a voice. I turn around to see Damian leaning against the door frame.

"Oh... uh... Damian... why where you eavesdropping on me?"

"I just happened to be coming in to see my new wife, only to find out that even after years, she still think she's a superhero."

"Our marriage is literally for the sake of peace between Westalia and Ostania."

"Yep, nothing more and nothing less," he says. "The reporters are going to be watching us, now more than ever."

"So?"

"So we need to set some ground rules."