Chapter 11

Anya pov

One week past since the Wedding and I hadn't gone back home at all.

At first I didn't think I needed to. I was being carefully monitored by my parents anyway.

I vaguely remember them mentally cursing before I passed out that day in the park.

That evening, Mum was mentally plotting how to assasinate the head photographer as she camped out on the roof and Papa had sent someone to investigate how he could get the entire crew fired.

But they both seemed to have softened towards Damian for how he was taking care of me that day.

Since then though, he seemed to be avoiding me.

I only saw a glimpse of him every so often and at meal times.

That's alright though, I've spent most of my time playing tic-tac-toe with my maid, Heidi. She isn't very good, I don't even need to read her mind to play.

But after a while of easy wins I figured she was letting me win which was disappointing.

Then I moved on to Wilhelm the butler, his mind was always blank, constantly, I don't know if it was something he developed on his on or if it was a tipoff from Damian.

After he got bored of winning at tic-tac-toe he tried to teach me chess for a whole day until dinner when I mentioned it to Damian.

The spoilt brat scoffed at me then said "Wilhelm, she is a lost cause don't waste time teaching her strategy game."

"You taught me how to get good grades," I mumbled under my breath.

I was very annoyed at him that day.

This morning however, he knocked on my door himself, "Anya, you've not visited your parents, you know."

"Yeah?" I say as Heidi brushes my hair, I turn to look at him.

"Please don't move, Anya," Heidi says. "I don't want to accidentally pull your hair."
The she quitely hisses, "You'll get me fired if he sees."

"You'll have to come here, Sy-on boy," I say to him.

Heidi squeaks in fear as he walks into the room and sits at the edge of the bed.

"Tell her to leave," Damian instructs me.

I scowl at him through the mirror then I tap Heidi's hand to signal her to leave the room for bit.

She puts the hairbrush down and scuttles out of the room and closes the door.

Damian gets up walks over to me and picks up the hairbrush.

"What are you doing?" I ask surprised.

He starts brushing where Heidi left off.

"There's a car being prepared for you outside," he explains. "They'll take you home for the day."

"So..."

"So I'm speeding up the hairdressing process since I'm not afraid of pulling you hair as I brush it," he says as he speed brushes my hair then ties it up into a bun.

"See, didn't take long, that maid is so incompetent."

"Heidi was scared you'd fire her if she hurt me whilst she was doing it," I explain standing up and turning to him, annoyed.

"So her name's Heidi?"

I pause, "Didn't you know?"

"Mother hired her personally for you," he shrugged putting the brush down.

Oh.

He examines my dress, "Is this what you're wearing or are you still in your nightdress?"

Admittedly the white dress I'm wearing was very similar to my nightdress but I'm still offended.

"Yes Damian, I didn't know I was going out today so the plan was to stay the whole day in my nightdress." I did used to do that when I was younger but Mum insisted that I shouldn't.

"Oh... alright then, I'll leave you to get changed."

He actually started to leave the room.

I stomped after him and said "Come on, let's go."

"So its not your nightdress?"

I scowl at him and walk off.

"No sir, it's not her nightdress," I hear Heidi say. "She saw that it was rather sunny today so decided white was the right colour."

"Oh ok," Damian says.

Damian pov

I take Anya down to the car and accompany her to the Forger's apartment.

She didn't talk to me the entire journey.

Her mood lightened up when she saw her father, and leaped up into his arms to give him a hug.

Yor Forger looked at me and asked if I was coming in as well.

I shake my head, "I've got some work to do," I explain. "I'll come pick her up at 7."

Loid Forger nods at me and then I leave.

I get back in the car and tell the driver to take me to the shopping area.

I've got to subtly as possible make it up to Anya and I'm hoping a new dress would do the trick.