Introduction

I smiled in delight as I splashed along side Queen Tuya.  Baby Rameses looked curiously at the flower Queen Tuya gave him, I giggled while he looked at me and cooed, handing me the water lily.  I gently took it from him and fastened it to my hair, his delight exceeding as he reached out for me.  

              "You have such a way with kids, Habibah.  Even though you are only five years old, you have the soul of a mother."  I bowed my head at Queen Tuya.

              "Thank you, My Lady,"  Three year old Ramses reached out again for me and I took his hand.  He wrapped his finger around it and laughed.

               "Habi," Rameses says, pleased that he said my name.  He couldn't say my full name quite yet, so he called me Habi instead.  He pointed to my hair where the water lily sat.

                "More lillies,"  He said to me.  I laugh before splashing off to a couple of feet away from where I was.  The water was up to my chest now but I didn't mind, I just kept on picking water lillies.  I returned to them with my hands full of lillies.  Rameses claps his hands and laughs with glee when he sees my arms.  I give him one and he looks at it with interest.

                 "Oh!"  I look at Queen Tuya's alarmed face and look down to see what she was looking at.  I gasp and put a hand over my mouth.  It was a basket!  Queen Tuya put Rameses down on the steps before turning back to the basket.  I stayed in the water while one of the Queen's handmaidens, Neferkempi, took Rameses' hand and pulled him aside.  I stayed in the water out of curiousity to see what was inside the basket.  Queen Tuya lifted the baskets lid to reveal a baby.  I looked up at her, a big smile on her face.  The baby smiled back at her, Queen Tuya lifted the baby from its basket and walked out of the water.  I climbed out after her, the hand maidens looked at the baby, curious to see what got their Queen's attention.  She looked at both of them, their heads looking down in respect.  Rameses pulled on her skirt, wondering what she was holding. 

               "Mommy!"  He called out reaching for her, I took his hand and followed Queen Tuya.

                "Come Rameses.  We will show Pharaoh your new brother, Moses."  I tugged Rameses along, while we followed Queen Tuya.  She named Moses to pull out of water, makes sense.