Chapter 1: Troublemakers

I sang my one year old son, Ahmed to sleep.  It had been seventeen years since that day Moses was delivered in that basket.  I was twenty-two now, a widow at a young age.  My husband had died while I was two months pregnant.  That wasn't much of a loss for me, I cried only once.  My now deceased husband, Ahmose, was a harsh guard.  He whipped the Hebrew slaves and absolutely hated them with every inch of his being.  We actually got married for love, but that surprisingly didn't last long.  He cheated on me constantly, bringing home women that I didn't know.  He always brought a new one every couple of weeks, yelling at me if I even questioned him and sometimes even slapping me when he was drunk.  I cried myself to sleep almost every night and never got any peace.  

                    I heard someone knocking on my room door in the palace, Queen Tuya let me stay in the palace when she learned of the abuse I got from my husband.  She made me one of her hand maidens and treated me more like a sister than a servant.  I lived in luxury, my room was very large, with a full size bed and a crib for Ahmed.  A large dresser was placed on the opposite side of the room, I also had a vanity where I had all of my jewelry and wigs.  

                   "Come in,"  I looked at the door to see Queen Tuya enter the room, smiling when she sees baby Ahmed in my arms.  "Your Majesty," I say, bowing my head.

                   "Stop calling me that!  We are friends, call me Tuya, please."  She reaches out and I place Ahmed in her arms.

                    "Yes Tuya."  I say, teasing her.  She scowls at me before giving her attention to the cooing baby in her arms.  

                      "Was there something you needed Tuya?" I ask, getting off the bed and walking towards her.

                      "What?  I can't see my friend?"  I laugh at her sarcasm before I gently place a hand on her shoulder.

                      "I can tell it's much more than that."  She sighs before giving Ahmed back to me.

                     "Do you know where Moses and Rameses are?  I haven't seen them all morning."  I brush away a strand of my thick dark brown hair.  

                      "Probably chariot racing, causing mischief."  She raises on of her eyebrows at me and I shrug.  She probably though that I was keeping where they were a secret.  I wasn't, I hadn't seen them all morning either, even when I delivered breakfast into their rooms.  Tuya sighs before looking at Ahmed.

**This is what Habibah looks like**

 **What she wears**