Page 1

"Delilah, i promise you're going to love this place just give it a chance." my mom said in such a convincing tone, that i almost believe her but i cant bring myself to feel excited about the change.

I've left all of my friends behind, I'm going to miss them so much. ill try my best and call them everyday but it wont be the same, the car comes to a stop at a red light pulling me out of my train of thought, i look out the window and see that we've made it, i read the sky blue worn down sign, 'Deep Run, Nebraska. population 2,648.'

i'm glad we didnt move to the city i dont think i could handle that, where i used to was a small town too, sure there are pros and cons to being in a small town but the city would be too much change for me.

the light turned green and the car started moving, i looked out the window to see little shops and antique stores, i will admit it's a beautiful town, mom mentioned earlier that it looked gloomy, it is the beginning of fall so i don't expect it to be sunny and warm, my eyes were scanning the area i didn't take much notice to the people walking on the sidewalk but they all looked the same in one way, they were all eerily pale.

as i watched them walk, they seemed to stare back. The expressions on their faces were  riddled with a look of both curiosity and confusion, i turned my head to avoid their piercing gazes.

i push the thought away, "honey, that's your new school!" my dad said in a cheery tone, "looks depressing, that's great." i said dramatically, "Delilah, i think you will find it nice here, just give it some time." my mom said in a sincere tone as she turned around to face my from the passenger seat. "i'm trying my best to adjust mom, it's not easy." i said with tears in my eyes. "i know sweetheart." my mom said as she looked me in my eyes and took my hand and caressed it, when doing this she had a sweet smile in her face.

the car pulled into the driveway of our new home, i opened the door and got out, "at least you guys picked a pretty house." i said in a bored tone, "i know isn't it just beautiful Delilah, just look at this gorgeous wrap around porch..." mom continued on with her comments on how beautiful the house is, i walked up the porch steps deciding to take a look around, i pushed the door open, i looked at the old wooden staircase, mom wasn't lying this place is gorgeous, i made my way up the stairs i spotted my mom exactly where mom told me where it would be.

I walked in front of my door and pushed the door open, the first thing i noticed was the window seat, it will be perfect for reading, a slight smile made it's way onto my face, my new room was amazing, now if everything else here could turn out like my gorgeous room then, i could learn to love deep run.