Page 3

The air went out my body when i turned to face the school and found that everyone in front of the school had stopped talking and stared at me, just when i was about to walk up to the school and doors and try to ignore everyone, this girl came up to me, "Hi I'm Lydia Harris, your school guide." she said with a friendly smile. "Hi I'm Delilah Jones." i said with a pleasant smile, "I'm sorry about the people staring, they aren't used to new people around here." Lydia said with a grimace.

"its fine i understand." i said with a shrug, "okay ill show u around the school now." Lydia said.

After a lengthy tour of this school i've learned 2 things don't eat the lunch room food and don't stay alone after dark, im not sure why she told me the second thing, i asked and she told me nothing and redirected the conversation.

"Oh hey guys, this is Delilah Jones, she just moved here." lydia said towards two guys one with brown hair and the other with blonde. "Delilah, this is Keith Lopez." she pointed towards the blonde guy. "this is David Clark." she pointed to the taller brown headed guy.

"nice to meet you Delilah." they both said with a warm smile and shook my hand. "nice to meet you guys too." i said while shaking their hand.

"hey Lydia we are going to a bonfire tonight, Do you and Delilah want to come?" Keith said, "um yeah ill go only if Delilah wants to go." Lydia said turning towards me, "yeah sure ill come, um what time?" i said with my voice a little too shaky, don't get me wrong i've been to parties before but never in deep run so don't blame me if i'm a little nervous.

" We can pick you at 8:30 if that's cool with you?" David said with a kind smile on his face, "yeah i'm cool with that." i said with a little less anxiety in my voice. "Alright well its time to get to class ill see you later, bye Delilah." Lydia said waving while she was walking away with keith and david, they looked back and gave me a smirk.