Chapter 3: Trapped

Jhoanna's POV

Gelo is telling me a story about their trip to Ilocos last week. He's an alumnus of our University and now an Engineer. It's not that his story is boring it's just that my mind is occupied by someone who's not here with us in La Union.

Coach Matthew organized a trip for the whole team pero hindi siya kasama pati na ang team manager. So we can enjoy our last day of being free from training, soon enough we'll have to balance acads and being in a group na naman. It's my second year in College palang pero ramdam ko na 'yong bigat in balancing Mass Communication as my course and twice a day training.

If you're wondering why Gelo's with us, well, he used to be one of our team manager and he's not so busy with work. He wants to spend some time with me before we will both get busy again. Lately kasi we're spending more time apart unlike before.

I feel bad for not giving Gelo my full attention, I've tried so hard to get Colet out of my head but since we got late and we had a moment alone, it's almost impossible not to think about her. I've told Stacey about this and she said that maybe I just miss having Colet around, it makes sense naman kasi during my freshman days, we're inseparable.

Things changed since Gelo and Aiah entered the picture.

Speaking of Colet and Aiah, both of them aren't here with us, the latter has some errands to run so you can probably guess why the former isn't here also. It annoys me whenever I think about the two of them being alone, what annoys me even more is that why do I have to get annoyed by that thought?

Aiah got rejected na nga by Colet, bakit kailangan pa nila maging close ulit na parang may something sila? Well, maybe because they're best friends.

"Colet!" Sheena yelled beside me, snapping me out of my reverie. She has both her arms raised waiving them excitedly.

"Tsk." I thought I heard Gelo muttered, but when I look at him, he's smiling towards where Sheena is looking.

My breath got stuck in my throat when I saw who's walking towards us. There she is, the person who's been occupying my mind ever since, and now it's not only part of my imagination but she really is here. Her skin is glowing under the sun, her chinky eyes are covered with her sunglasses. She's wearing a bikini top and denim shorts, flaunting her toned stomach, arms and legs. I think the temperature increased, I gulped repeatedly suddenly feeling thirsty.