Chapter 20: Labyrinth of Suffering

Colet's POV

Jhoanna and I misses each other already, it has only been three days since we departed because I decided to visit my family in Bohol before my hectic schedule.

This is a new set up for us. From we both used to being with each other 24/7, we are aware that it'll take time before we can adjust to the changes that are happening. Especially after summer where Jhoanna will continue her studies and being the leader of the group. While me, I will start working in the corporate world.

I just finished talking to her, I filled my girlfriend about the previous events while we are apart and informed her about my plans for today. Jhoanna did the same way, she just got back from a vacation with her family.

I hid my phone inside my pocket after sending my best friends in Bohol a text to let them know that I already arrived in the restaurant where we would all meet up.

I was in deep thought, I really couldn't ask for more. I ended my career with a championship and I was named as the Best Vocal Performer. I'm surrounded with amazing people that really inspires me to be better than my best.

It wasn't long until I spotted my best friends, who are now approaching me. It is the perfect time for us catch up and pick up where we left off, I am grateful that despite our busy schedule, our friendship remained the same.

My best friend is telling us a story about her new work but my attention isn't on my friend nor the story she's telling, what caught my attention was a middle aged woman with a very important man in my life, the man I look up to, a part of the reason why I am the person that I am right now; my dad.

My dad is holding the stranger by her waist, what bothered me is the fact that my dad told us he would be in Manila today for a business meeting. But here he is now, in a restaurant in Bohol a place too far to be called Manila with a woman who seems too close to him to be just a business partner.

Suddenly, I am having an internal battle with myself for I doesn't know what to do or act. I want to give my dad the benefit of the doubt but I guess I'm too smart to not catch up with the current situation.

My world crumbled into pieces when I saw the man who I has utter respect kissed the woman the way he should be kissing my mom and mom only.

Before my best friends would see anything, I dragged them out of the restaurant and made an excuse to cut our date short. I hastily said good bye and went to my car. Heavy breaths could be heard inside my car as I try my best to compose myself, my head is spinning as I try to wrap my mind around the idea of my dad having an affair.

It's as if all that I knew my entire life became a lie. How could be that man inside the restaurant be the same dad I grew up with, my dad who loves and respects my mom dearly. Their love story is part of the reason why my own relationship is the way it is right now. I admired my parents so much, sure their relationship isn't perfect but never in my right mind would I think that something like that could happen, or is already happening.

Does my mom already knows? But no, I was just with them this morning there's no way they could fake something like that; a love so genuine and pure.

How will I face mom? I am sure I can never face my mom without going completely losing my mind. And for the first time in my life, I doesn't want to be in the same vicinity as my dad.

My world of rainbows and butterflies is now enveloped in darkness. What seemed to be a perfect world is now filled with pain, grief and betrayal.

I turned on my engine with a blurry mind, the next thing I knew I boarded a plane to somewhere far from everyone, even from Jhoanna. I doesn't want to be near anybody else for now, I just want to be alone and have time to think about everything.

I sent my mom a quick text telling her she shouldn't worry and that I'm fine. I also asked my mom to tell Jhoanna I love her, that I will be back soon.

I just can't face anyone now, I have to be alone or else I'd be crazy. All the amazing events vanished into thin air, my world isn't perfect after all.

No matter how much I want to tell this to someone, I can't, for it'll feel more real and I know I can't take that.

For the following days I found myself in a small island in Palawan, I'm staying in a hotel room far from the city, a place where no one knows me. Mingling with the locals somehow takes my mind off of the problems I left in Bohol. But at night, I am being consumed by my dark thoughts.

People said there are monsters under the bed but they never mentioned the ones inside our heads. I'm inside a labyrinth of suffering and I can't find my way out.