Chapter 2-Aylin

I won't scream, I won't cry, I won't beg for mercy.

I tell myself this repeatedly, but I don't listen to myself as I break the cuffs free and grab my hair, screaming and crying for them to stop.

They don't stop; they only laugh as my screams continue; not one single soul but the three vampires around me can hear me.

Why can't anyone hear me?

I've broken the cuffs free; why don't I have my powers? Why can't I stop them?

I sink further into myself as I throw my head back and arch my spine as I come for them.

I try to scream at myself to stop, not to give them that satisfaction, but there's no one there.

I scream some more as I wa-

"Allie cat! Aylin, love, wake up! Wake up! It's only a dream," I hear a familiar voice yell as I try to grab onto it and pull myself out of this agony. I scream again, then I feel my body lift up, and my head slams back down before my eyes fly open, and I see my father.

This wasn't abnormal; in the past, there were times I blasted him or Azrael off of me, still half dreaming until I realized what I'd done and scrambled out of bed to make sure whomever I hit with my magic was okay.

"Hey, hey. Breathe. It's okay; you're in your own room." Father says again as my vision doubles before I push him out of the way, running towards my bathroom.

My mouth fills with vomit as I gag. Determined to not vomit on the floor, I portal the rest of the way, spewing as I grasp the commode for dear life.

Why am I so weak? Why is there a part of my brain that insists on reliving that night repeatedly? That same part of my brain is determined to execute me; it's a separate entity living in my brain. It feeds me this memory because it wants to see me fall.

You didn't scream until they were dead. They never heard your cries, you never begged, you didn't enjoy it.

I tell myself this over and over again as I try to discern reality from my nightmares. I breathe heavily as I feel hands rub my back, and I slump back, my head hitting the wall as Dad sits next to me.

"You want to talk about it?" he asks.

It's the same question every night this happens. Sometimes I try to get up and get myself back to bed, but right now, I'm much too dizzy, and the alcohol from earlier isn't helping matters. But, I dignify myself with a headshake, my usual answer, as I feel my body lifted off the comfort of the cold tile of my bathroom before I'm laid back in bed.

"I'll get you some water," Father says before he portals away.

My forearm flies over my sweaty forehead and eyes, my chest still heaving as I remind myself over and over again of my reality. They never saw me cry; that was a fact. The only one who saw it was Az, and that was okay. He's seen me cry plenty, he's seen me at my most vulnerable, and he still refuses to walk on eggshells around me.

See, hear, feel

I see my black walls, I hear my own breathing, and I feel my sheets against my back. I chant this to myself over and over as I let go of the nightmare. Father reappears with some water, and I gulp it down.

"You alright?" Father asks me, and I nod

"Yes...I am now, thank you," I say. I close my eyes; I know he stayed here tonight in case this happened. How pathetic; he could have been with Amara; she needed him more. Why did he even stay here? I fight back tears as I sit up and bring my head to my knees, trying to calm myself.