Chapter 4-Aylin

The following day, I'm out as soon as the sun rises with Amara. I have to admit, despite my distaste for Earth, especially its sun, I look forward to this every day. Training was a daily activity of mine; my magic can get volatile if it goes too long without being used, but training with my sister, whom I spent over 20 years waiting to meet and help her with her magic, really and truly brought me great joy. It brought me joy when I helped train Azrael too, but it's different with Amara. Once she has the extent of her power under control, she'll easily be able to defeat me; the only reason she hasn't already come down to skill and practice; I have over 250 years of training on her. Yet there's no question in my mind that she truly was meant for this power, she learns quickly, and the magic comes naturally to her; I don't think it will take her much longer to dominate me on the field.

When I think back to my own training, the magic-wielding also came to me quickly, but control was always a struggle. Even now, I keep my magic's deadliest and most volatile parts under lock and key. Should I ever lose control and let them out, I would destroy myself and the entire realm around me, including my people. So, unless it was a dire situation, that monster inside me would never see control. It was part of the reason I so rarely shifted into my true form; I had less control over it then, and all the power would need was a moment of distraction to take over me. It's also why I always keep my dagger strapped to my thigh, should I ever need to end myself before I can end everyone around me.

Currently, per Amara's request, I'm showing her the basics of flying. Usually, I would find a large cliff, push her off, and let basic instinct and fear guide her, but given that she's pregnant, I won't be doing such a thing. The older you are, the more complicated it is to learn how to fly; Amara is only about 10 years late, so ideally, she should learn what she needs to in time.

"Before you can even attempt to fly, you have to get used to your wings. All of your back muscles rearrange themselves to accommodate them, so we'll start with our regular training, but you need to have your wings out the entire time," I tell her, smirking when she groans.

"You know I will fall over at least fifteen times, right?" she says as her wings appear on her back.

True to her word, she stumbles as soon as they've manifested. I catch her arm so she doesn't hit the ground, smirking again as she grumbles to herself.

"I did, too, although yours look much heavier than mine. Regardless, it's expected, so don't be self-conscious."

I give her a couple minutes to get used to their weight before we start our regular training, although much lighter. I'll have to use Azrael later since I won't be able to burn too much energy off during this session.

As we finish and Father comes out to take over with her, I pull Azrael over, who thankfully looks more than willing to spar with me. Not wanting to let the energy of my magic fester and build up in me anymore, I immediately send a hurricane of ice spears his way, which he hastily blocks with his own shield.

"Artemis' tits, Aylin, a little warning if you want to go all out right from the start!" he screeches as he drops his shield and summons black smoke to rise around me.

This is one of his favorite moves, so I anticipate him portaling behind me and whirl to meet him, blocking the punch he tried to land on my temple. Knowing it will take the smoke at least five minutes to clear up, I close my eyes and focus on my other senses as we throw punches and kicks, some landing, some missing. It was good practice to fight without one of your senses; you never know what could happen, so I find it best to be prepared for any scenario.

Although, when the smoke doesn't clear up after ten minutes, I get annoyed and call forth a gust of wind to clear it up. The royal family is the only one that can manipulate all of the elements, so we use that to our advantage in all battles. Roman is one of the few that can manipulate fire and ice, while the rest usually manipulate ice.