Meeting the Other Students

"Okay, deal. During any of that time you may leave. After the three weeks you stay here forever or at least till you get a job."

"Okay, so why do I feel like I'm still in a dream? Shouldn't my body have been transported here once I agreed to stay?"

"Oh right, you first need to pick a school. There's obviously ballet, and then art, music, drama, fashion, design, and writing. So, which school do you want to go to?"

"I don't know, it's hard to choose."

"A lot of people have that problem. Why don't you talk to the students about each school before making a choice."

"Where would I meet them?"

"I'll have Randie show you the way," he said, wheeling himself back inside the house. Seconds later Randie came out with no sign of his uncle although his wheelchair was still there. Randie must have seen the questioning look on her face because he said, "What, what's wrong?"

"Your uncle"

"I know he can be a little weird, but…"

"No, I mean he wasn't there when you opened the door but his wheelchair was. Also he walked in and then two seconds later you walked out. Were you right there the whole time?"

"Uh, yeah. I figured I would stay there just in case you needed help with my uncle."

"So then why did I only see his wheelchair when you walked out?"

"I wouldn't know, maybe he just slumped down in it. I think we should be going to meet the other students."

"Okay, show me the way."

"Right this way," he says, holding out his arm wanting her to take it. She takes it and they walk on. He then asks, "Why not just go to the ballet school? You are quite a remarkable dancer."

"So you've told me. I don't know, I think I just want to explore my options a little. I've never actually taken ballet lessons before."

"Really, I never would have guessed. How'd you get so good?"

"Well like I said ballet was my sister's thing. I went to her recitals, and watched her practice at home. I think I might have just picked up on it a bit from watching."

"I think you picked up on it more than you know. Why did your sister want to be a ballerina?"

"We were always told about our third or fourth great grandmother of how she was one of the best ballerinas during her time and how she taught her daughter. All the girls in our family have learned ballet from our mothers except for me. My sister really wanted just one thing to be her thing, and I never cared much for ballet anyway. All of them try to be as amazing as my grandma that started all this, but they never are."

"Do you know where your grandmother studied ballet?"

"No, maybe she studied here."

"Maybe, you could always look at the records."

"I could, or I could just stay as far away from that school as possible."

"Alright, well here we are," he says, letting go of her arm and opening the door for her. "Thank you."

"Anytime."

As they walked in and went to a table with a bunch of students, one of the girls and a boy got up to leave. She had to have been from the ballet school, because of the way she was dressed. It was hard to tell what school the boy was in, but it had to have been one of the older ones based on the suit he was wearing. She noticed them and said, "Hello, my name is Tiddley Elise Cohen and this is my brother Winks Elias Cohen." 

"But you can just call us by our middle names," the boy said interrupting.

"I was just going back to school. The ballet school it's fun but exhausting." She said trying to hide a scar with her hand.

"I keep trying to tell her to leave, but unfortunately she can't. You see ballet is the only school you can't switch into any of the other schools."

"Well if I don't leave I'm going to be late," she said and then turned to Elias and said, "Why don't you stay here and introduce…" 

She turned to look at the girl with Randy, she could tell she wanted to know her name, so she said, "Scarlett Mavea Phillips."

"You can introduce Scarlett to everyone else," she said with a smile and then walked out the door.

"Alright, then. Well you know I'm Winks, but you can call me Elias. I go to art school. That girl right there is my girlfriend Ashley; she goes to art as well. Next is the music people there's Charlotte…"

"You can call me Lottie!"

"Then Olivia, Kate, they're cousins, and Nicholas. The Drama people are Charles, Alex, and Josh. Next school, Fashion, there's Adeline…"

"Call me Addie"

"And then Sarah and Daniel. There's the design school which has Mary Anne, Baylee, and Winston. Last is the writing school with Jade, Violet, and Dexter."

"I go by Dex."

"So you can sit down, get to know us, and the schools, and hopefully pick one to go to," Winks said gesturing to Scarlett.