The Walk to Drama

"I think I'm going to choose the drama school," Scarlett said.
"Alright, when everyone here is done Charles, Alex, and Josh can show you where it is, if you'd like," Randie said to Scarlett.
"I need to go back right now anyways, if you want to go," Josh said.
"I'd like that, thanks" Scarlett answered.
They walked out the door and into the streets. Josh pointed out the school yo Scarlett and then they started to walk there. The school was about a mile away from the town, so they had quite some time to talk, but they didn't talk for the first half of the walk. Then Josh must have had enough of the awkward silence because he asked, "So why did you choose to stay if you knew the horrors of this place?"
"It seemed fun," Scarlett replied, "I have a boring life and the horrors were just intriguing like the look on your face back in the cafe."
"I don't think I had an intriguing look on my face. A smashing look, but not intriguing."
Scarlett laughed a little and then said, "If that's really all you think it was."
"Why'd you laugh? You have to agree it was a pretty smashing look."
"Whatever you want to call it."
"Oh, I see how it is."
"Hm, do you?''
"Yes, you're one of those people who..." before Josh could finish what he was saying a wasp flew towards him, stopped and then turned to go a different way. It was enough for him to freak out and attack the wasp. Scarlett then took the opportunity to laugh again and say, "Calm down. It's just a wasp. It won't hurt you unless you try to hurt it, which you did."
"Hey," Josh said, "Wasps are of the devil."
"No, they are not."
"Yes, they are and it was coming right at me."
"Yeah, it was going towards you and then saw you, stopped, and turned to go in a different direction."
"Okay, but in my defense..."
"You don't get a defense," Scarlett said, interrupting him.
"What do you mean I don't get a defense. I should get a defense."
"You used your defense back there when you attacked the wasp that was trying to avoid you."
"Well I want a defense in court."
"Are there even any courts or lawyers around here?"
"I...that's a good question. I don't know."
"I guess we can't have this argument in court."
"Well I didn't realize a wasp was a person."
"I never said the wasp was a person."
"You're acting like it was."
"All I'm saying is it's a living thing that has done nothing to harm you."
"But it could have."
"It stopped when it saw you and went in a different direction to avoid you."
"But it's still a wasp."
"Yes it is a wasp, that can hurt you if you try to harm it, but this wasp was just minding its own business. You didn't need to freak out."
"Fine, how was the horror intriguing?"
"I don't know, I guess I've always enjoyed reading about and experiencing dark, life threatening things."
"Charles was right, you're definitely different, but it does seem to be in a good way. You're interesting. I don't know how you could ever say your life was boring. Your life can't possibly be boring if you were in it."
"Thanks, that was like a really sweet thing to say, especially about someone you've just met."
"Yeah, I know. I normally look for the good in people though."
"That's a wonderful quality to have."
" You really think so?"
"Yes."
"Oh, look, we're here," Josh said as they stopped in front of an Edwardian mansion.
"This is huge!" Scarlett exclaimed, "I think I'll get lost in here."
"Well don't worry, there's only a few main classrooms. The rest are rooms for the students."
"Alright, I guess that will help."
"Your stuff should already be in your room and unpacked. Once you step in the school then your body will fully transport here, so it may feel weird. You'll automatically know where everything is, so that's another reason to not be worried about getting lost."
"Okay, I think I'm ready to go in."
"Okay, when we go in, I can't walk with you to your room, it would be improper."
"Oh, okay."
They walked in the doors and Josh was right. Scarlett started to feel a little dizzy as her body was fully transported. She almost fell to the ground, but Josh supported and held her up. Once her body was fully there for the first time, she was better and then Josh stopped supporting her, cleared his throat, and said, "Well, we should probably go out separate ways now."
"Okay, it was great meeting you. Thank you for showing me where the school was and supporting me when I was finally being fully transported here. I didn't think it would be that strong."
"Of course," Josh replied with a smile. He turned to walk away and as he did he said, "Have a good day."
"Thanks, you too," Scarlett replied and then turned away to go to her room. She had to climb seven flights of stairs just to get to the hallway her room was in. She walked down the long, dimly lit hallway all the way to the end and turned to the left to find her room. She opened the door and all of her stuff was there, unpacked, just like Josh said it would be. There was a bed, a regal desk, with a simple chair, a dressing room with a clothes chest and closet, and a bathroom. The room was decorated exactly how she would've done it, but now she didn't have to. Sitting on the bed was a folder with her class schedule and a pocket watch necklace with a key to her room on it. She didn't have any classes that day, since it was her first day being there, so she decided to stay in her room and get used to it.