Yes, Miss Mcgee

Sitting outside the principal's office awaiting punishment; I can say I've never been here before. Sitting in between Nancy and Cynthia. We sat in silence until Nancy decided to speak up. "This is marvelous.Now I can tell everyone here what I think about them without saying a word." I felt so bad about what I did. I know it was an accident but it didn't mean I didn't feel awful. "Im so sorry. I would never do that on purpose. I feel terrible." I really didn't know how to tell her how sorry I was. "Apology not accepted" She replied. I sighed and put my head in my hands, defeated.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked up to see Cynthia smile at me before standing up and walking to the desk. "Hall passes, anyone?" She asked. I went over to her and grabbed her wrist, trying to get her to sit back down. "Please, sit down. We can't get into any more trouble!" She looked at me for a second before saying ok and sitting down.

Ms McGee came in and started her lecture before letting us go, "Ladies, first days are difficult. But remember, future misbehavior will not be tolerated." Nancy took this as her time to escape saying "Thanks a mil, Ms. McGee." Then running off. Next was Cynthia, trying to run off without a word but getting stopped by mcgee, "Ms. Zdunowski, a reminder. Try as you might, you'll never be one of the boys." That had to have hurt her, but she recovered quickly responding with "Kinda like you'll never be a real principal, eh?"

I started to leave when she stopped me "Ms. Bartlett, always remember to choose your friends wisely." What did she mean by that? It's not like Ive been hanging around them. We just got put into a situation together. And now it's over. Back to my real friends.

"Oh my gosh, are you ok?! I can't believe they blamed you for that whole thing!" Dot rambled as she ran up and hugged me. "I'm alright, everything fine" I reassured her. Then Jane came out of the office and everyone met up with her. " Jane! You didn't get into much trouble, did you? Did you get the paddle?" Dot asked. "No." Jane replied. Rosemary said, "We're sorry we believed all those rumors. Especially after what you went through in New York. Jeepers, I hope we can still be friends." Jane seemed like a nice girl, I would love to have her as a friend. "Sure.Is Susan all right?"

"Don't worry about her. She's a moody Judy. She'll snap out of it."

We migrated to the side of the hallway and everyone started talking but I zoned out. I've been doing that a lot lately, and I used to listen so intently, but lately its like I couldn't care less about Jane's sex life or Rosemary complaining about Wally not being able to read her mind. I love my friends but I can only have the same conversation so many times.

It was finally time for the long waited pep rally. We were all preparing for the opening cheer when Susan ran up to us. "Jane lied. She did go all the way with buddy." "What are you talking about Susan? Why don't you believe her?" I asked, Jane doesn't seem like the type to work so hard just for a lie that might nit have worked. "Buddy told Neil during practice today. Of course Jane doesn't want anyone to know what happened. We need to expose her as the lying snake she is." I couldn't just let that happen, "don't you think there's a better way to deal with this?" I asked, but they all started hatching a plan. "Ella, you don't have to, but if you don't you can't cheer, and if you miss a performance, you're off the team, my hands are tied." Susan threatened. "Whatever" I said, walking off.