Chapter 1: One's Ignorance Can Lead Harm To Others

As we embrace the unknown, we walk forward through the path of uncertainties, and we sometimes found ourselves get stumbled across upon a huge mountain that challenges us to conquer the heights. We face it as we had no other choice, but to accept our fate. We thread our way and acknowledge that we cannot control nor predict every outcome.

It's just so weird that even though you are already at the peak, the skies remain so distant. I tried reaching it out, but my hands won't be able to grasp. Is it still not enough? Should I climb even more high? I don't have wings to fly. Before I knew it, I was pushed on the edge by my own reflection. I open my arms wide as I descent down the surface. The higher you climb just to reach the glistering stars in the skies, the more painful it is when you fell.

I suddenly woke up in a strange place. Where am I? Why am I here? What does it mean? Since when did I arrived? I don't know, but if feels so cramped inside. It was filled of my memories that I once buried before, dreams that I abandoned. I stood up from a deep slumber and tried to walk through the path of unknown, but a red string that has been tied onto my limbs won't let me take a step.

Every time I tried to get away from the threads of life, a shadow will attempt to pull me down, drowning me at the deepest part of the ocean. There's no way to escape, only hope and death are salvation. What is the answer to this equation? Even the best won't be able to come up with a solution. I roam my eyes around just to see everyone staring down at me. Are they laughing at me? Are they taking pity at me? I don't wanna know. I just keep my gaze down and hope to end this as well as wanting to disappear.

We are the authors of our own stories, the architects of our dreams. Life offers us a blank canvas, and it is up to us to paint it with colors that resonate with our souls, yet I wasn't able to realize that I was living through a lie, a fantasy that has been created by my own playful mind. Yes, a dream of mine and a fantasy that I desire.

*****

Although I'm definitely confused on what was happening, one thing for sure, I won't do the same mistake as what I did anymore. Last time, my introduction was suck, more horrendous than Ayano if I should say. I guess that's the side effect of being a neet. Good thing humans are capable to learn from their own mistakes.

"Umm.... Greetings, I guess. I'm uhh.... Ayanokouji Kiyotaka."

Hmm... My introduction feels lacking. Let's add some taste to the dish.

"My hobby is piano and calligraphy."

Uhh..... This is bad, really really bad. I don't know what to say anymore. When I looked at Hirata, pleading him to help me get out of this suffocating situation, he smiled at me and said,

"Nice to meet you too, Ayanokouji-kun. I hope we get a nice school year ahead of us together!"

Aw, thank you, Mr. Nice Guy!! Insert manly tears. Without you, I will probably going to spend the rest of my school life in seclusion! Also, sorry to break your hopes, but wishing for a nice school year in this campus is like finding a missing submarine at the middle of an ocean, if you know what I mean. As soon as I sat back on my seat, I heard my neighbor chuckled. Yeah, you had fun, right? You're welcome.

The introduction continues. I'm not interested hearing them making loud noises to make theirselves look confident and cool, not to mention I already know the important characters thanks to that novel, so I lean my head down the table, and took a short nap. I'm mentally exhausted. I need to recharge my battery even for a bit.

Right after I closed my eyes, someone tapped my shoulders. It was Hirata and it seems like everyone already went to the gymnasium for the entrance ceremony as only the two of us are the remaining ones left in the classroom. Uh, huh. So no matter how I resist the temptation, I still fell asleep. As Hirata led the way to the gymnasium, I asked him about something.