Prologue: Resourcing Time

Author; I do not own anything.

-+-

Alternative...

In an alternative timeline, by the year 1930, humanity had advanced and taken significant steps toward becoming a more enlightened and resourceful colony. It was during this time that a group of bold explorers stumbled upon a founding that turned the course of history into many potential possibilities. Hidden beneath the pristine white glaciers of Antarctica, they uncovered ruins of uncertain origin, with each artifact found are more incredible and advanced than the last.

They do not know for sure who or what had led to the creation of the ruins, but they could assure it had existed long before the dawn of man and are alien in nature, which is beyond the current knowledge of man in the early dates of the 19th century. But within these precious fragments of a lost civilization, they discovered the foundation of technologies that would lead to the foreseeing advancement of their future selves. And so, at that moment, a new era of innovation and progress had begun.

These new technologies, which came to be known as Extra Materials of Unknown Origin and abbreviated as EMU-O, were transformed in the likeness of humanity and placed at its disposal. As the years went by, they brought about a wide array of changes, from the creation of vaccines for some of the most insurmountable diseases, to the construction of innovative properties, and the fostering of connections between cultures through communication and propositions.

The introduction of EMU-O had a drastic impact on the course of human history, with ramifications ranging from the alteration of historical events to the total reshaping of the Earth to match this new reality. The consequences of their presence were manifold, with minds becoming more adept at adapting to the shift and eagerly embracing the opportunities it presented. It is a new golden age of evolution.

However...

The growth of technology also led to the creation of advanced weaponry to be utilized in military settings, with the approval of their use to be carried out during times of conflict. These weapons were designed to provide an edge in combat situations, making it possible for nations to wage war with greater efficiency and accuracy.

War.

A brutal and often catastrophic solution that has been deployed throughout history to resolve disagreements between nations, powers, and groups. Whether the source of the dispute is a conflict in social information, opposing religious beliefs, a lack of trust between nations, or even a divergence in the color of one's skin, the ultimate result was often bloodshed and devastation.

Despite the progress humanity has made in advancing its knowledge, technologies, and capabilities, the presence of war has been a constant throughout history, often serving as a reminder of humanity's inherently aggressive nature. It is unclear whether war is a fundamental aspect of humanity's evolution or merely a symptom of its ongoing struggle to navigate social and cultural differences.

In spite of any conceivable motives that may exist, the eruption of war seemed to be an unavoidable occurrence that would inevitably follow humanity. The first instance of this occurrence was in the summer of September in the year 1939, a historical event that is now remembered as World War II, the second Great War after the first. The consequences of this devastating war were felt throughout the world, as nations faced destruction and devastation on a scale never before seen.

While the original timeline may not have been bloodless, the introduction of advanced technologies would undoubtedly alter the course of the conflict and potentially increase the magnitude of the carnage and destruction. The use of new weaponry, ranging from advanced weapons of destruction to innovative communication technology, would only serve to intensify the conflict, making it all the more devastating to those caught in its grips.