Episode 3 - Ops. Ember Sea, Blue Danger Zone.

Se7en: I do not anything!

-+-

...

It is over yet?

Those are the words in my mind as I hold onto my rifle tightly…

One moment, I was on my way to the ship I was assigned, eager to start my day as a sailor, only for the sky to fall and the station was attacked by the Japanese TF squadron.

What the deal!? Has the war broken out already!?

I know I should be out there and do some fighting, but what the heck can I do!? You expect me to shoot a robot with this rifle…?

This is hopeless, I should just sit here and wait…

"sigh~ and it's getting boring real quick…"

I lamely say to myself and slowly open the door to take a peek outside…

The fight seems to settle down for a bit… 

"Maybe I should go check around…"

Pure destruction is all I could see surrounding me. Buildings caught ablaze, broken equipment, and vehicles lay all around, the smell of smoke and ashes hung thick in the air…

But worse of all, dead…

Workers, sailors, marines, officers… all engulfed in their own pool of red blood, motionless, some of whom did not even have their bodies intact, or were still bathing in the blazing flames…

The smell of their blood assaulted my breathing as it took all I could muster strength not to throw up at such a nightmarish sight surrounding me…

“He… h-… Help… me…”

...!?

My body jolted into action at the sound of the voice. Thank God, at least someone is still alive!

But… My relief was cut in my throat and turned to horror as I came to the scene and saw the familiar face around the dorm, whose name I never learned…

"Help… me…"

His legs and left arm were gone, leaving him with a horrific bleed. I felt my heart racing as I came face to face with the carnage that lay before me. It seemed as though every ounce of life was slowly leaving his body…

But I can't give up…!

"Ho- Hold on, let me help you…" I said, as I knelt down beside him. I did all I knew to try to stop the bleeding, but it was clear that he wouldn’t live much longer without professional medical assistance.

"Hold on, just hold on…" I repeat in a whisper, trying to keep my voice steady.

"Hold still..." I took off my jacket and tied it around his waist, trying to stem the flow of blood. But as I tried to staunch the bleeding and comfort him, the reality of the situation made itself clearer with each passing second. I had no medical training, no equipment, and no way to completely stop the bleeding or treat his injuries. Even if I could, it wasn't clear that he would survive…