Part 6- Empanadas

Not proofread kids
—————
"He's just a kid, Miguel," you said as you put your hands on your hips defensively.
"We can't let him keep messing with the multiverse. You do realize this is just more work for us," he said.
"I realize the consequences Miguel-"
"No I don't think you do," Miguel pointed his finger at you accusingly.
You scoffed at him. "Miguel-"
"This never would have happened if we hadn't of recruited Gwen."
"Gwen has done great here! I don't know why you don't see that!"
"She failed the mission, Y/N!" He threw his hands up.
"It wasn't her fault! You said that yourself!"
"But if she hadn't of gone to see him, he wouldn't have gotten involved in the first place, and wouldn't have saved that police chief-"
"Do not act like you didn't ruin a canon event three years ago!" You growled.
Miguel shut his mouth and he looked away from you. You continued while you had him quiet.
"Miguel. We were just kids then too. It's not like Miles knew he was messing up a canon event-"
"But Gwen did! She shoud've stopped it from happening! That's her entire damn job!"
"She's still learning! You can't expect so much from her! From everyone!"
His eyes raged and he opened his mouth to say something else, when one of the many screens behind him lit up with the name "JESS".
"We'll finish this conversation later," Miguel said, turning away from you to tap some buttons on his desk. Jess' face soon filled the screen.
"We've got it mostly under control, it's not the worst we've seen, that's for sure."
"That's good. Do you have Miles?"
"Yep, I'm bringing him in along with Gwen and your personal favorite, Hobie," Jess said sarcastically.
Miguel drug his hands down his face mumbling some curses. "Yeah alright, fine bring them all to me when you get here."
"Will do."
The screen went dark.
"What are you gonna do?" You asked.
"What I have too."
"What the hell does that mean?"
"What you think it does," he responded shrugging.
"Showing him his canon event is only gonna piss him off-,"
"He needs to see what will happen if he intervenes again. I won't have it."
"This is a terrible idea."
"Shut up and let me handle it," Miguel seethed, glaring down at you and shooting webs on your mouth to shut you up. You slanted your eyes at him and tore the webs off.
"As always, your gonna do it yourself."
"Do you have a problem with that?"
You crossed your arms. "Yeah, Miguel, I do actually."
He laughed darkly. "Oh please, enlighten me then."
"Miguel. You never let anyone help you. Sometimes you'll let me, but I have to force you too. You've been getting no sleep, and that's not fair. Why did we recruit thousands of Spider's if you never send them on missions?"
Miguel looked at you with an unreadable expression. You took this as a sign to keep talking.
"All of us would be willing to help you! We're right here. I'm right here." You reached for his hand.
A/N- not me referencing Stranger Things rip
Miguel didn't move away when you grabbed his hand. He took a step closer to you instead. He cocked his head and then bowed it to meet your eyes.
"Sweetheart..."
Suddenly, you could hear footsteps and murmurs coming down the hallway. Miguel's head shot up immediately and his hand went rigid in yours.
"He's here," Miguel said as he went to step to the edge of the platform
You tugged his hand, and his head turned to look at you.
"Remember what we talked about. Please?" You whispered to him.
He watched you for another second before giving you a curt nod and turning back to the hallway.
   And then there he was emerging from the hallway. Miles Morales himself. He looked about Gwen's age. He was tall lanky and extremely ripped for his age. He wore a black spider-suit, with odd red stripes coming from the armpits. You saw Hobie slink over to the side of him, and he gave you a little salute. You nodded back. Gwen stepped in behind Miles. You stepped forward a little bit closer to see if you could spot any injuries on her. She caught your eye. You gave her a sad smile, but she just looked at the ground.
"Miguel and Y/N, meet Miles Morales," Gwen announced. You gave him a small wave. Miguel stood still next to you.
  Miles said something in Spanish you didn't catch, and you eyed Miguel next to you to see if he had any reaction, but he just glared down at him. Miles suddenly whipped some empanada in a box from god knows where and offered it up to Miguel next to you. You felt bad for Miles, he was trying to be genuine, really. Miguel shot a web at the empanada and tossed it in the trash can next to him. You gave Miles a sympathetic look as awkward silence ensued.
"Uh... I'm really excited to get going here-," Miles started.
"Oh, great." Miguel said sarcastically.
"I've got some new ideas on how to catch the Spot-,"
You jumped in. "Oh that'd be great, Miles, I'm sure we could-"
"Oh, wow, uh-huh," Miguel cut in with his sarcasm again.
Lets just say you definitely were not expecting Miguel to pick up the trash can and hurl it at Miles below him. Miles leapt out of the way with a yell as you harshly grabbed Miguel's arm.
"Miguel!"
You didn't wait for him to respond as you leapt down and hurried over to Miles.
"Are- are you alright?"
"Yeah- I think so," he said in an unsure tone.
"Sorry, my friend has some anger issues," you gritted the last part out, whipping around to shoot Miguel a condescending look.
"Your worried about Spot? I'LL worry about Spot." Miguel yelled.
"What did we just talk about?" You yelled back.
He didn't respond and Miles cut in.
"W-what'd I do?"
"Miguel! It's not his fault," Gwen shot back.
"You blew another hole in the multiverse!" Miguel yelled throwing his hands down.
"H-he doesn't know any better."
"Hey! I do know better..uh...what do I know?" Miles said defensively.
"But you did Gwen!" Miguel pointed at her accusingly. She shut her eyes in frustration.
"Miguel leave her-" you started.
Miguel suddenly turned to Hobie, who has been off to the side this entire time.
"And you-," Hobie just gave Miguel a nod. "I'm just gonna ignore you- I can't I- I just can't-"
"Uh I'm not even ere." Hobie said, kicking his feet up.
"What's happening?" Miles asked, confused.
Someone started yelling from the shadows of the hallway. "Hey, Miguel! Go easy on the kid, he had a terrible teacher."
And in walked Peter B Parker.