The not so secret, secret

I pulled out my phone after 1st period and saw that I had a text from River, which said "Is everything alright?". It was obvious he was suspicious about this morning and the fact that I ignored him but what was I supposed to say? I quickly texted him back saying that everything was fine, in hopes that that would keep him from asking any more questions. I managed to avoid him for the rest of the day, but only by leaving class to get my books from my locker and carrying all of them around with me. Every time the bag left marks on my shoulders from the weight or I had to heave it off the ground I thought of Natalia and how badly I wanted to bitch slap that girl in the face. On that note, she also threw me dirty looks every time I saw her in class or in the hallway. By eighth period I wanted to scream, I walked into class and collapsed onto the chair, within seconds Chris sat down in front of me.

"Hey" he said awkwardly

"Hi..." I replied in a confused tone because not only was he acting odd but also he was talking to me, again.

"So Natalia told me something about you and ummm I was wondering if you wanted to come to my party tonight?" I stared at him in shock and horror. Had Natalia told him I had a crush on him?? I couldn't believe her; I hadn't even talked to River besides than one text and how could she have known about that?. And did Chris, my crush of pretty much forever, just invite me to a party?? I was freaking out and Chris was kind of just looking at me strangely, almost like he was embarrassed. I needed to say something but I was struggling to find words due to my anger at Natalia and shock at the unexpected outcome of her cruelty.

"Ahhhh sure..." I answered nervously.

"Cool, see you at my house at 8" He quickly stood up and walked away to his seat, leaving me staring wide eyed at the space he was just sitting in.

After class I ran through the hallway to Amy's locker, my extremely heavy book bag bouncing on my back, almost knocking me over. When I arrived we both started talking at the same time, I shut my mouth and motioned for her to speak.

"Oh my gosh, everyone is talking about your crush on Chris, Natalia told everyone. I heard she pretty much wrestled Rivers phone off him and then just started telling whoever she could find. Can you believe her?  I'm so sorry" She blurted out, while giving me a pitiful look.

"I don't care" I practically yelled, "He asked me to his party tonight so they can all shove it where the sun don't shine, especially Natalia." Amy stared at me, her mouth opening and closing without any words coming out. Finally she regained her composure,

*We need to do hair, outfit, makeup, so we need to move now!" She was suddenly frazzled and starting rattling off a list of things we, apparently, just had to do for me.

"Well, I think you should focus on your outfit too, it's not all about me!"

"Wait, I'm going to?"

"Of course, there is no way I could do this without you there" I smiled at her knowing that having her with me would make me 10 times more confident. Next thing I know, Amy is hugging me tightly.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She exclaimed before retuning to her stressed state of planning. I laughed at her and pulled her arm so we could get moving. The next few hours were filled with, make up, hair, clothes, laughter, gossip, deep talking and everything else girly. I felt like I was on cloud 9 freaking thousand and nothing could bring me down but I was so wrong about that.

A/N: Another short part, i know, and a cliffhanger ending! I wanted the party to be it's own part and it shouldn't be too long until it comes out.

Feel free to comment, i love reading the few i have so far and i will try to answer if i have anything to say.

Also comment if you happen to notice a spelling or comma error, especially commas because they are not a good area for me. It annoys me when i'm reading a story and i can't get the flow right because of mistakes. I'm sure i have made plenty because everyone does and it would be awesome to fix them!

Thanks for over 500 reads, that's crazy!

Love, AussieSwiss :)