Chapter 7

Riven left for the crash site again with the other specialists, I stood frozen in place like an idiot. Stella touched my arms and I stormed off in the direction where the other girls were heading. How dare he tease me like that in front of everyone. I was having a hard enough time hiding the hickeys he gave me. I suppose that's why he kept mentioning them, he liked the fact his lips were the ones that bruised my skin and he enjoyed that I was still baring them on my skin. He marked my neck and he was enjoying seeing it. Still, how could he so easily dismiss me? If he liked me he would want me to stay, but if he hated me he wouldn't have pushed me up against the wall. As these thoughts were swirling in my head and I felt my anger rise Bloom's voice pushed through my clouded mind.

"Now what should we do?" Bloom asked, clearly annoyed that Riven told us to fuck off. I pretended not to care that he so easily dismissed us, somewhere in my heart though, I felt hurt that he could just wave me off after a few crude comments.

"Well, maybe we should help the guys?" Stella asked, a few girls nodded, I scoffed and folded my arms tightly around my chest.

"I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a blunt knife than spend any more time with that fucking dick!" My knuckles go white as Stella's eyes grow larger. Perhaps that was a bit excessive, I was mainly angry at the lack of answers Riven had given me. He was such an arse, yet I found my fingers lingering on the marks he gave me. Don't get me wrong, I hated him, every part of my heart despised him, but still, it was my heart.

"Perhaps we should just get back to the assignment?" Flora says, timidly, "After all, I'm more worried about what Y/n will do to Riven than what the troll could do to us," A few girls laugh, but I don't think it's funny. How dare he pin me against the wall and leave marks on my neck, just thinking about it makes my blood boil and heart race. Just the memory of lips on mine leaves me breathless, not in a good way, never in a good way surely.

"Still, we all know this troll, he's a wild beast, Sky and the others could be in for mega problems," Stella adds, chewing her thumb. I roll my eyes.

"Oh my god you just want to get closer to Prince Sky, Stella," I say, she smiles coyly at me and shrugs. I shoot her a look and she giggles slightly.

The girls kept arguing around in circles, should we continue with the assignment Palladium had given us, or should we help the Red Fountain boys from fighting a potentially life-threatening troll. While I know that we should help the boys, and I would be slightly inconvenienced by their deaths I also wouldn't be heartbroken if Riven got shaken up.

"Well, one thing for sure, something strange is going on here," Tecna said, catching my attention, I turn to her with a puzzled expression, as do the other girls, "Did you notice the hole it escaped from? The aircraft was hit in flight," She explained, looking over at me and my furrowed brow.

"It was an areal attack? Then someone helped him escape." I sigh and adjust my dark curls. If it wasn't the troll who escaped by himself, then he must've had help, already, my mind went to the trix, they hired him after all.

"I'm afraid that you're right." Tecna sighs. Shit, well if the trix are involved as I suspect then the boys, including Riven, are fucked. 

"In that case, we don't have much choice, do we?" Flora looks at me and places a hand on my shoulder, I grimace and shake her off.

"We absolutely do have a choice, and I choose not be around Riven," I fold my arms tightly and face away from the girls. Childish, I know, but the thought of being around that prat made my skin crawl and stomach turn. He knew where my buttons were and he just kept pushing them. One day I'll stab him.

"Come one, Y/n, you're the most competent fighter out of all of us, we need your help," Musa pleads with me. I suppose I am easy to convince once you plead and compliment me, I'm just a fairy you can't blame me.