= 05 = Acknowledge

Author's POV

"Troy Smith, house number 10," she smiled, finding the house where she was going to start her work that day.

Her fingers danced on the doorbell of the house. As she pressed the bell, she looked behind herself to survey her surroundings. She smiled upon seeing the flowers, their beautiful petals being touched by the wind.

She liked flowers a lot. They always brought a smile to her face.

Dressed in blue jeans and a white sweater of her own design, she exuded intelligence, although few people were aware of it.

She pressed the doorbell once again, and that's when the door opened, revealing a masculine figure who seemed pleased by her presence. She smiled at him, and he smiled back.

"I am so happy to find you here," Troy said. He was the first man she held in high regard. It's not that she didn't respect Troy's father; she simply appreciated how Troy always supported and respected her.

When she informed him over the phone that she would start working that day, he sent a car to pick her up from her doorstep.

"Thank you, Mr. Smith," she said politely, and Troy chuckled.

"Come inside, birdie," he said, stepping away from the door to give her space to enter. As soon as she stepped into his house, the warmth enveloped her, causing her heart to skip a beat.

His house was neither big nor small—it was just right for a working person like him.

"You know, I used to worry about my household chores during office hours—cleaning the house, doing laundry, and cooking—but now, seeing you in my home, I feel like someone has lifted a heavy weight off my shoulders," he said, walking further into the house with her following behind.

She was fascinated by the interior of the house.

"Goodness, this house is so beautiful," she whispered to herself.

"Thank you so much, Aziel," he said, coming to a stop. He turned to look at her and found her gazing at him silently.

Her grey eyes fascinated him.

"You shouldn't thank me. I'm the one who's thankful to you for giving me work at your place," she replied, and Troy smiled warmly.

"Okay then, I am increasing your payment," her eyes widened upon hearing it.

"$150. I will give you $150 for a week if you clean my house, do laundry, water all the plants, and cook for me," he said, and she took a step back.

"Mr. Smith, that's too much. I can do all of those things for just $100," she replied, and upon hearing her, he chuckled.

She is honest!

She is innocent!

She is just a bundle of positive vibes.

"You can't handle my mood swings over food, that's why I am increasing your payment. Otherwise, you will start complaining about me, saying that I pay you $100 a week but make you work like a bull," he joked, making her giggle.

"No, it's nothing like that," she said, chuckling and revealing her dimples.

"Besides, you also need money for your mom and yourself. Don't you want to buy new wool and design some new patterns on your sweaters?" he asked, surprising her with his knowledge of her passion for sweater knitting.

"Your mom can't design these beautiful flowers on your sweater," he said, looking at the sweater she was wearing.

"Uh... no... I designed it," she said, and he gently caressed her hair.