do you like her?

𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐒

𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐒

It seemed like he had a thing for her, ever since she laughed at his stupid reply to being late to class. I was in that lesson that day, and after that blonde girl laughed at Miles' joke, they kept glancing at each other with smiles.

I couldn't be jealous, heck, I don't even know why i was! Miles has been my best friend for years, i can't be jealous about him looking at a girl...right? Its so dumb!

The next day, I bumped into Miles in the hallway, I hadn't seen him all day. "Hey, whats up? Are you um..okay?" I questioned. He was jittery and bouncy, i raised a brow, looking at him up and down. "Uhh ye-yeah- well no! - but yeah?" He answered as i just stood there, not knowing what to say.

"Are you on drugs or something?" I asked loudly and he shushed me before shoving me into an empty classroom and blocking the door. "Something weird is happening to me, Y/n. Today i did the shoulder touch on Gwanda-" I stopped him. "1, who is Gwanda? 2, what the heck is a shoulder touch?" I asked.

He grinned at my first question. "Gwanda is the girl that laughed at my joke yesterday, she's totally into me" I felt my heart squeeze in my chest. Snap out of it, Y/n! You're not allowed to fall for your best friend...although..i think I already have, which is bad.

"And the shoulder touch, Uncle Aaron taught it to me. Here, i'll show you" he stood right in front of me, raised his hand and placed it on my shoulder. I glanced down at it, confusion filling my face before i looked back at Miles.

"Hey" he spoke, with a weird smirk on his face. I immediately burst out laughing. "Poor Gwanda! Anyway, what happened.." i said, changing the subject. He explained that he got his hand stuck on her shoulder...then it got caught in her hair..now she has to shave that part of her head.

I cringed, feeling bad for the girl. "Oh Miles.." i sighed, placing a hand on my forehead. "I-it wasn't my fault! I dunno what's happening to me!" He defended, i nodded slightly. "I know, i know. We'll figure it out, don't sweat it" I reassured and he laughed awkwardly.

"The thing is, I can't actually stop sweating..."

"Oh Miles..."

⋆ ★

Miles came to my house the same day, we were trying to figure out what was happening to him. I also wanted to know if he liked that Gwanda girl. "Hey Miles?" I spoke up, he looked away from my computer and focused on me. "Yeah?"

"Gwanda...do you uh- like her?" I asked, he furrowed his brows. "As friends or romantically?" I coughed awkwardly. "Romantically.." I answered and he thought for a moment, turning around on my spinning chair to fully face me.

"I mean...no because- well I only met her yesterday, you know? Plus, i like someone else who i've known wayyyyy longer!" He replied. My heart broke but i hid it, the best i could.

"Mr Morales likes someone and he never thought to tell me - ugh - i'm wounded!" I teased and placed a hand on my forehead, dramatically falling into him as he laughed. "Y/n!" He chuckled and sat me up. "I would tell you but uh..y-you see i cant" his laughs turned to nervous ones.

"Why, do you like me or something?" I joked, but he stayed silent. Sweating and squirming more than he already was. My smile faded into a look of disbelief. "W-wait..you like me?" He gave another awkward smile. "Nooo..." he shook his head, before slowly nodding it. "Yes..." he admitted, looking down to avoid embarrassment.

A small smile appeared on my face. "I like you too.." his head shot up, eyes widened. "For real?!" He exclaimed, in pure shock might i add. I nodded, smiling widely at his reaction. He suddenly stood up and lifted me, twirling me around. "WOOO, OH THANK GOODNESS!" He yelled making me laugh.

He put me down and took a breath. "So, wanna be my girlfriend?" He asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. I glanced at it, smirking. "Of course. Love that you added the shoulder touch in there" I commented and he bit his lip, smiling.

We sat back down, my head on his shoulder as we got back to researching.

"Hey, what if i'm like spiderman or something!"

"Thats a bit of a stretch...isn't it?"

"I guess"

But little did we know, Miles was right.