you're spiderman?!

𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐒

𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐒

Miles had been acting so weird lately. I used to go to his house every weekend, but recently, he'd completely blow me off and say he's busy! It kind of hurt because he gave me no reasoning whatsoever and just said he was busy.

Today was Friday, after school, when I'd normally go with Miles. After school, I walked up to him with a fake smile. "So..you busy tonight?" I asked and he bit his lip, giving me an apologetic look and just nodding. I scoffed and walked away from him. "Y/n - wait!"

I swiftly turned, facing him as he held his books in his arms, sweating nervously. "No, Miles. If you don't wanna be friends anymore, just be honest!" I snapped and he looked guilty, he went to say something but immediately closed his mouth. Rolling my eyes once again, I walked away, leaving him alone.

⋆ ★

MILES POV:

I felt bad for lying to Y/n repeatedly and not giving her reasons for us not to hang out anymore. What she didn't know, is that i'm spiderman. I couldn't tell her, I couldn't risk her to be in danger...but i also can't lose her friendship.

She seems to be slowly hating me, i mean she yelled at me today...she never yells at me!

When i got home, i sat at my chair and dropped my head on the desk with a hard slam, groaning. Deciding whether or not i should actually tell her. I didn't want to put her in danger, it wouldn't be fair. If losing her will keep her safe, so be it.

I stood up and changed out of my uniform into my spiderman suit, which is black and red, very different from Gwens and Peters. 

I opened my window to leave and suddenly heard a gasp and something hitting the floor. I cringed and slowly turned...meeting the eyes of..

YOUR POV:

"YOU'RE SPIDERMAN?!" I yelled, staring at Miles who was wearing a black and red spiderman suit with a jacket over it. He pulled up the mask quickly and grabbed me, putting a hand over my mouth. "Say it any louder, will you?!" He whisper yelled, sarcastically, then shut the door.

"Why didn't you tell me!" I exclaimed and he sighed. "Because." Was all he said. I huffed. "God, you and your reasons.." i spoke harshly, crossing my arms. I couldn't believe he didn't tell me. He didn't lie to me though..all those times he said he was busy, he was being spiderman.

"Just tell me why" i said as he pulled his mask back over his face and went over to the window. "Listen, Y/n, i don't want you to get involved with this stuff.." he mumbled and I furrowed my brows. "What? You think I can't handle it or something?" I questioned defensively.

"What?! Y/n, no - thats not why" he groaned and turned away from the window to look at me again. "Okay, so for once in weeks, can you please give me a damn reason?!" I snapped, watching as he flinched.

"Fine. I don't want to be the reason that you're not safe!" He shouted, pointing at me. "Being spiderman can endanger everyone i know, Y/n. I didn't tell you the truth because i'd rather lose our friendship then lose you altogether!" I stayed quiet...okay, i guess that was a good response.

I frowned. "Miles.." I breathed out, taking his hand and sitting down on the bed with him. "Miles, you won't lose me" i reassured. "We don't know that -" I gently shushed him. "Sh, yes we do. I'll know that you're spiderman but I won't get involved in your spidermanny..uh- stuff?" I thought for a moment "well..until you get injured, i'll be by your side in a heartbeat"

He took off his mask once again, revealing his smile. "Thanks Y/n...I'm really sorry for just blowing you off - i could've come up with one good excuse.." he explained, chuckling awkwardly. I laughed and shook my head. "Well, an excuse wouldn't have worked because i know you're a terrible liar" i informed making us both laugh.

⋆ ★

Miles ended up taking me on top of a building to watch the sunset, it was the most gorgeous thing. I gazed at him, admiring the spiderman mask which was sat upon his head where he pulled it up, i admired his facial features and expressions. When he looked at me, i looked away. "Admiring me now, are we, L/n?" He teased, leaning his face near mine.

I playfully pushed his face away. "Shut up!" I grumbled in embarrassment and looked away, my face turning red. (If you have dark skin, you bite your lip nervously). We went back into our comfortable silence.

Without knowing, my head landed on Miles' shoulder and his head leant on mine. This was one of my favourite moments with Miles..

"Miles, how did you turn into spiderman?"

"Okay, so get this. I was bitten by a radioactive spider-"