𝒊𝒊𝒊

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 , 𝐏𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

" tear your pretty little self apart. "

despite the context of the words, florence still found herself smiling like a teenage girl at the thought of them.

yeah the man disrespected her pet, but if he kept talking to her like that then she would let him say damn near anything.

" dollie can you believe that? he thinks i'm pretty- and small, but that part doesn't matter. he thinks i'm fucking pretty! " she beamed, pulling the said cat to her chest and hugging him. he didn't mind the sudden hugging, and was purring.

he meowed, and she took that as him saying that the man does indeed think she's pretty. but then she frowned and her eyebrows furrowed in thought.

" maybe he was just saying that to tease me though?.. "

she looked at her cat for help, hoping that he would give her the answers to her problem.

he simply meowed for the second time and even looked to be shaking his head side to side. much to her relief. a relieved sigh fell from her lips and her shoulders slumped. " thank you for your wonderful words of wisdom dollie. what would i do without you? " she smiled, feeling better.

he looked up at her with a slightly tilted head. in all honesty, he didn't understand a word his owner was saying, but she's his dear owner so he played along like always.

he also made sure to add a few ' meows ' here and there.

florence carefully moved dollie out of the way so that she could get off of her bed without potentially harming him. he rolled over slightly and made himself comfortable on a pile of pillows while she was heading out of the room.

the low rumble of thunder hit her ears and a smile made its way to her lips, just before she glided her tongue over them. a force of habit even if her lips weren't dry. she already knew that she would get the best night of sleep if it were to storm.

she could imagine herself fast asleep with dollie curled up beside her, the both of them wrapped in the warmth of her blankets, with one leg sticking out of the blanket as the cold air from her fan hits it, all while her window is open and the smell of rain slowly seeps into the room. along with the low gusts of wind that would occasionally come through.

her eyelids felt heavy as she thought of how good her sleep was about to be, she truly couldn't wait.

she walked into her kitchen, flicked on the light, and immediately made her way to the refrigerator. " what is going to be my sleep medicine for tonight? " she whispered, rummaging through her terribly empty fridge.

she shifted to the freezer and the way too familiar box of hotpockets seemed to be peeking back at her.

silently telling her to warm them up and eat them.

but while she was silently being tempted into eating a microwaveable turnover, someone not too far from her was struggling with his own inner problems.

you guessed it, it was adohnes.

" this is the third time this week, adohnes what is wrong with you?.. " the said male mumbled as he shamefully stared at the completed painting of his next door neighbor, florence. ever since he laid his eyes on her he's only been able to paint her, and maybe a few small stars, but other than that, her and her only blessed his empty canvases like flawless embroidery.

his rabbit came sniffing into the room, obviously looking for him―︎or something to eat. probably both. the rabbit noticed him and quickly hopped to him in excitement.

" heyyy buddy. "

he smiled, dragging out the ' y ' in his sentence. the rabbit hopped into his lap and made herself comfortable in his lap. " i'm sorry i took so long in here, i lost track of time. "

he rubbed her forehead, which she responded with relaxing even more in his lap. she was definitely enjoying it. the sound of her purring by rubbing her teeth together rung through the rather quiet room, along with the sound of the rain hitting the windows of the room.

adohnes carefully placed the rabbit down as he stood up straight and stretched a bit, satisfyingly popping his bones.

he slipped the paint-covered apron off of himself and tossed it somewhere in the room. thousands of colors were displayed across the dirty apron that he's had for years now, and it definitely needed a good wash. soon.

in his peripheral vision, he saw through his window into the kitchen of florence. who was fast asleep on her countertop. the sight made his eyes widen and his lips part. his mind was racing with so many unanswered questions.

the main one was how the hell can someone fall asleep on their counter? a cold, hard surface with no comfortableness.

of course he thought about going over there and gently picking her up and taking her to her room. but it would be a very weird situation if she woke up in his arms, especially because he had literally no business in her home whatsoever. times like this made him wish vampires really could teleport, but that's only in those terrible stories that the humans make up for some strange reason. maybe to cure their own fears.

either way, he halfway wished that the stories were true.

except for the whole they can't be seen in mirrors and cameras, and that they'll turn to dust in the sun. the sun doesn't instantly kill them but it does make them weak and often powerless, that's why they walk the streets during the night and almost never during the day.

" what the hell am i going to do with you? " he chuckled, actually finding her weirdness quite comforting in contrast to his everyday perfection.

adohnes shook his head and just silently hoped that florence wouldn't wake up with a cramp in her neck or something. he made his way to his kitchen to go feed his rabbit.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 , 𝐏𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««