FIRST YEAR: Three

A hand sternly grabs your wrist, stopping your movements. "That doesn't go in yet and it's in the wrong proportions." His grip softens until he fully releases.
"Ah, my apologies." You place the small stack of green leaves down onto the table, your face flushing at the simple mistake you've made. Picking up the proper ingredient, Jamil drops it into the cauldron and watches as it sizzles and bubbles before grabbing the stick they were given to stir their potions, and mixing it in. "Alright, you may dump them in now. Make sure you only place two in. Any more further could end in an unwanted outcome."
"Yes sir." You do exactly as told, only grabbing two and tossing them in, allowing Jamil to mix it in and finish the potion.

"I see you pups are finished, I presume?" Your dalmatian themed Professor asks, walking over to your table, his pointer stick tapping lightly against his palm. Jamil lets go of the stick and answers for you, "Yes sir. We just finished." He backs away as Professor Crewel grabs an empty glass bottle and dips it into the cauldron. After a few seconds he lifts the now full bottle in front of his face, inspecting it. "Hm.. It appears you both have done well, good job. I'll mark it as an A."
A light smile breaks out on both of your faces while Professor Crewel walks away to watch the other students. Now with your assignment done for the day, you and Jamil clean up your area in a comfortable silence. Now with only the potion in the cauldron being left to clean up, you both sit in your respected seats next to each other. Professor Crewel had earlier ordered the class to let him deal with potion clean up since they were only first years and didn't want to risk any accidents if the potion was dangerous.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"So, Azul, I heard."

"Azul? What about him?"

Jamil turns to you with a rather serious expression on his face, "Stay away from him." In return all you did was tilt your head to the side in faux confusion. "Why? Did something happen?"
"Yes, I've heard from a few other students that he gets you stuck in a contract with you getting the short end of the stick. I've noticed you hanging around him and his lackeys as of late and I wish to warn you of his suspicious doings." A teasing smile spreads across your face, your eyes scrutinizing the freshman before you. "Aww, are you worried?"
An unnoticeable pink flushes his cheeks, "...Yes. You're the only person in this school I've ever really interacted with and you seem pleasant enough to be around. I just want you to be careful, especially because you're a.. girl."

"Well, do not fret. I fully know the dangers of him and his 'lackeys'." You wave off Jamils worry, picking at your nails out of boredom but Jamil wasn't done with this conversation.
"Has he asked to make a deal with you yet?"
You stop momentarily, pretending to think. "Mm, yeah." Jamils hands clench anxiously at his pants. "But it was only verbal and over something small. I have no intention on making an official contract required deal with him, I have nothing I want after all."
"But if you did, would you go to him for it?"
"As a last resort." Finding your answer satisfying enough (not really), Jamil ends the conversation there and starts another on a different topic, leaving you two to talk until the end of class.
Walking out of Potiontology with Jamil, you feel a hand lightly grasp your shoulder, catching your attention. Stopping in your tracks, Jamil follows suit when he notices you not beside him anumore and looks back at you to see you facing a red haired student who had a rather short stature. With your attention now on him, he lets go of his hold on you. "My apologies. My name is Riddle Rosehearts, First Year and Housewarden of Heartslabyul. I just couldn't help but notice that we have the same class together. I have something I wish to discuss with you during our lunch period if you don't mind."
"Hm? Oh, yes, I don't mind. My name is [Name] [Last Name], also a first year. Where shall we meet up?"
"Preferably in the courtyard, if that's alright."
You nod your head in agreement, "I shall see you there then."
"Thank you, now I must be on my way. It is unacceptable to be late so you should get a move on too. Farewell." He bows to you before turning away and walking down the hallway opposite from you and Jamil. Seeing as he already walked away, you see no point in returning his farewells so you continue on your way to your next class with Jamil until you two had to go your own separate ways, seeing as you do not have the next period together.