4.

Eros was pacing back and forth in the lounge. He checked the time and it had already been ten minutes since he last talked with Ana, but she was nowhere to be seen.

He glanced at the gate and it was still closed, much to his dismay. "Where is she? This girl will kill me someday with a heart attack."

He sighed and turned around, marching toward the couch and plopping down uninterestingly. "Will Austin drop her? No way!" He shook his head vigorously at the ugly idea he was getting. He couldn't imagine Ana involving herself much with Austin.

He knew it wasn't supposed to happen. Because if it happened, Austin would know who was Ana's brother. Things would turn ugly if that was the case. And now his anxiety was increasing.

Ana was someone who would trust people quickly. She was a naive girl. And he was worried that Austin would take advantage of his sister because of her nature. He wanted to talk with Ana soon now. He needed to see her in one piece and hug the living life out of her.

"Hello, Brother!" A boisterous, joyful voice echoed abruptly, grabbing Eros's attention. 

He instantly got to his feet and raced in the direction of the girl he was looking for. His heart was beating at an insane speed and the lines on his forehead appeared, which caused Ana's smile to fade. 

She knew by now that Eros must be making theories because that was all he did when he was worried for his sister.

Eros caressed Ana's shoulders while cautiously scanning her from head to toe to see whether any part of her body was intact or not. "Are you okay, sweetie? Did that asshole -"

"Enough, Mister Eros Anderson!" Ana yelled, yanking herself free of Eros's hold and stepping back to distance herself. She closed her eyes and started to breathe rapidly, attempting to contain her wrath so as to not burst out. However, she failed at it.

Once she opened her eyes, she couldn't help but glare at her brother. "I'm tired of you and your limitations. I hate him as well, but he is my boss. I work for him, so if he needs my assistance, I need to help him. You need to stop it now." 

Though she made an effort to sound respectful, her voice came across as a little rougher than she anticipated.

"Why do we need to talk about him if you aren't interested in the first place? Either tell me what's up with you guys or stop mentioning him while I'm at home." 

She continued to observe the expressions on her brother's face that shifted completely, from anger to guilt, and that's when she realized she wouldn't get any answers to her queries.

Ana's eyes immediately began to well up when Eros glanced down and was unable to face her. "I'm extremely tired right now. This is too much for me."

Her sniffles filled the room, making Eros look up at Ana anxiously. His heart wrenched to witness her beautiful ocean-blue eyes shedding cascades of tears. He was the cause of her tears, so how could he see them?

Eros knew he could get a bit overboard at times; however, he loved her and wished the best for her. He was unable to witness her being hurt, and the scene in front of him was excruciatingly terrible. Tears started to flow down his cheeks as well.

"Baby, please don't cry! I'm not going to say anything." He murmured gently while struggling to contain his sniffles. But his gentle comments only exacerbated her tears.

Eros cried as well and instantly drew her into a tight hug. He stroked her head lovingly in an attempt to calm her. "Hey hey marshmallow, please no! I'm really... very sorry. I love you, my baby sis. I can't see tears in your eyes."