Earnest eyes, filled with love

"I Said it. What if I like you? What would you do?"

She couldn't utter a word. He caged her in-between his arms and leaned forward . They were inches apart from each other. She could already feel his warm breath against her face. There was no more space to back down. It was the solid wall right behind her.

He lowerd his head and then....and then sealed his lips with hers.

She felt butterflies in her stomach and an urge to kiss him back

She felt butterflies in her stomach and an urge to kiss him back. But she didn't want to. When he was about to deepen the kiss, she pushed him away.

She looked at him with wide eyes. Her heart was still thumping hard. She could clearly see the passion in his eyes. But she didn't want that either.

She took few steps back and then ran to the door. He could hear her leaving.

Ruyi leaned against her apartment door. She was out of breath. Her hand went to her lips. His kiss was still there lingering.
She shook her head. She walked towards the kitchen, then came back to the living room. She sat on the couch. Stood up and went to bedroom.

It seems she is having a difficult time collectong herself. At the bedroom, she sat on the bed and took a long breath. Then she awakened her voice.

" He kissed me!"

It felt the same like before.

" Then did he kiss me that day too? Then...."

She tried to match the dots again.

" If he kissed me ,when I was to give up ,that means my wish came true. So I wasn't erased from the timeline, is that it? What if I am wrong? Then about now, did he mean his words. Does he like me or was it another torture? I don't know. I don't understand. "

She uttered almost crying.

" Then if it's true, does that mean he has developed feelings towards me, when I am not? Then was I right all along?"

She didn't know what to believe. She needed to forget their encounter. She needed to protect herself from falling. She opened the back door to the spacious balcony. She went to the edge and looked at the sky filled with tiny stars. Then the silent moon.

" The only way to get rid of these thoughts is getting rid of him. I should open the safe for him and get what he wants. Then we will live as strangers. He can no longer barge in to my life as the deal is done."

Finally she could settle her mind. She felt at ease that way. The next morning she was eager to go to work, as she needed to put all her efforts to find it.

" I should search, Mr. Zuto 's drawer. I would definitely find a clue. Today I am gonna make him go out ,if he not going and search it throughly. I am sorry Mr. Zuto , I am enough of this."

But she didn't have to force anybody do anything as Mr.Zuto himself took them out ,Mitsu and cafeteria lady to go somewhere. It's like he had read his mind. He did invite her to come ,closing the shop,but will she give up this chance? That's not like Ruyi.

As soon as they left, she opened his drawer and went through his documents one by one. There was nothing like a password in them. At the very end of the drawer ,she could find an old diary. Her eyes glinted with happiness.

"This can be it."

It was his personal diary. He had written pages about his life. Then there were some blank pages. At the end of the diary she could see a letter combination, which could be the password.

"XILUYI"

Was what he had written.

"I have a feeling this is it. Should not waste a second."

Saying so she ran towards the safe and then entered the letter combination carefully still with trembling hands. And then....and then it clicked open. Her heart skipped a beat to the same rhythm. She opened the safe door to find the wooden box inside it. She placed it on both hands and looked at it with happy eyes.

" eureka. I am free now."

She let out a sigh of relief. She closed the safe door and hid the box in her lunch bag. She knew that she is not stealing it, but her heart was heavy for she knew she is betraying Mr. Zuto's will.

Latter part of the day she specially didn't make eye contacts with Mr. Zuto. She just needed this day to come over, so that she can hand it to her ,get it back and get lost from his grasp.

She was excited like a child on her bus ride.

" Finally , I can breathe without a fear."

She waited for him to come home. Then she messaged him to come over to her balcony, as she didn't want to go there to his place. He did appear and then looked in to her eyes with affectionate eyes.

She who couldn't take it anymore avoided them and handed him the box without taking a second glance at him.

" You found it"

As predicted he uttered that with a joyous tone. Then quickly he searched his pant pockets and took out the key as if he already knew this is happening today. Then without wasting a second he opened the lid.

Ruyi was also eager to know what's inside it, so she didn't leave.

" ofcourse I am at my side of the apartment ,where can I leave?"

She found a good excuse to stay. Lu Zi Zhen carefully opened the lid and placed it on the balcony wall. Then he took out a note and a jewellery box. Without taking a look,he handed her the note. It said.

-To my future grand daughter-

Then her mouth widened in shock when she read the next line.

-To Ruyi Chan-

She was sure it was Mr. Zuto's hand writing.

" But how is this possible? How can my name be on it?"

Before she could think of a proper answer, he the mighty Lu Xi Zhen went on his knees . He opened the box infront of her. There was a cute rose gold ring, a confession ring inside of it.

 There was a cute rose gold ring, a confession ring inside of it

" Will you be my girlfriend?"

He asked with earnest eyes filled with so much love.

🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️