chapter 2

the beginning of this will be a flashback in the form of a dream :)

gunshots was heard, screaming, yelling. More gunshots. Everything was so hectic, people yelling at me to run. Run as far away as I could. Get to safety.

But I couldn't listen. As I watched many staff members being shot and killed, all I could do was stand there. Frozen. Fear taking over my whole body.

"Run joelle, run now. Go."
"You have to leave they're after you. Not us!"
"You're not safe here! You have to leave!"

Words were being yelled at me back and forth but all I could do was watch all this happen.

"Joelle!" I turned around to look at my mother. My eyes grew wide and my body shook with fear.

"Joelle." She said again, dropping to her knees giving me a sad look.

"Joelle." I opened my eyes to see Baekyhun above me, shaking me awake.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. "We're leaving. Get your bag, and let's go. We have a very long journey ahead of us." He said walking over and standing in front of my bed.

"We're flying over there right?" I asked, throwing my comforter off of me, and rummaging through my drawer to look for clothes.

He sighed, probably annoyed that I was asking questions. "No. That's what they're expecting us to do." He answered me anyway.

I gave out a long loud exaggerated sigh.
"Joelle, you need to take this more seriously. There are men paying millions of dollars to find you. Alive or dead, they don't care. They just need to get their hands on you."

I looked at him. "Why do they want-" but before I could finish my sentence he was out of the door.

"Oh, " He said walking into my room once again. "We're leaving right now. You don't have time to get dressed, let's go."

And thus my journey began.

His car was black, with dark tinted windows. "Woah, does my dad pay you a lot? I bet he does, he's always-"

"I said no asking questions. Do you not know how to follow the rules?" He said, not looking at me once.

"My bad, my bad." I put my hands up in defense.

We drove for about 30 minutes until I began to get impatient.

"How much longer?" I whined looking out the window. We were on a vacant dirt road.

"I'm dying of starvation. I need food." I put my hand on my stomach. "Feed me." I said in a low, grouchy voice. "Do you hear that Baekyhun. He's telling me to feed him."

"I don't care about your hungry stomach, also I'd say we have at least 25 days to go." I swear when he said that I literally gasped. 25 days at least? How on earth can I be in one car 25 days straight?

"I'm so bored, this sucks." I huffed.

3 hours later he pulled into a small motel. For 3 hours I had to be in a car without food, water, or even restroom stops.

"One room, two beds." Was all Baekyhun said, looking at the small old lady sitting behind the counter.

"Okay." She said typing some things into her computer. "Oh, it looks like we only have a one bed room available. Is that oka-" "yes that's fine." He interrupted. He looked very agitated.

She handed him the key, and he took it quickly, dragging me to our room.

It was disgusting to say the least. The wallpaper was chipping, the bathroom had yellow stains on the wall. Thank god the bed sheets didn't smell.

"I'll sleep on the couch, you take the bed." He said putting down his bag.

"It's fine, you can take the bed if you want I don't mind." I insisted. I really didn't mind.

"Just sleep on the bed. I'm not about to argue with you over sleeping arrangements." And that was the last conversation we had that night.

I laid on the bed, feeling immensely grossed out. I'm probably gonna get bed bugs in this nasty hotel, I shuddered.

I fell asleep on the bed, listening to Baekyhun speaking to someone. I'm not sure who, though.

---

HA Y'ALL THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING TO SLEEP IN THE SAME BED SIKE YOU THOUGHT

If you liked this chapter please vote and comment your thoughts! :)
- daijah