96

JOSI

Now Idris has been backed into a corner. It's just him left, the last remaining member. The last remaining obstacle. Josi should at least take some time to appreciate her progress, but with the end so near, she's grown more impatient. She needs to wrap up the plan.

And in order to do so, she needs some measure in place against Croff. Ever since the attempt at Idris's life by Alvize, Croff has resorted to sticking by his side—and even more so after Seven's death. For Josi's plan to succeed, she needs Idris alone. She needs him to herself. She needs to find a way to drive a wedge between the two, otherwise it will all be for naught.

But like every other obstacle, Josi has a countermeasure in place. So she meets with Dami in the recesses of the evening, parked in the empty parking lot under the moonlight. This meeting was held due to Josi's own wish. She doesn't know exactly how the last capo met his end, but what she does know is that his home went up in flames. And now Dami's own quest for revenge has concluded.

There's a certain level of calm about Dami. She sits there with another lollipop, busying herself with the wrap. It's that same level of calmness Josi is chasing. She looks out the window, at the sky. The season has moved on to the coldest end of the spectrum, and now they're greeted with snow showers. Even currently, it has begun snowing. But it's only a drizzle.

"The sky can't be that interesting." Says Dami, as Josi hasn't looked away for seconds now.

Josi chuckles. "How does it feel?"

Dami doesn't even have to think about it. "Fulfilling."

As Josi knew it would be. And soon, it will be her turn. "I need one last favor."

"What is it?"

"Setting Seven's home in flames was a good idea." Josi says. "I want something similar, but on a grander scale."

Dami catches on instantly. "How many do you need?"

Josi smiles. "However much you can spare."

__

Sneaking the bombs into the estate is a task that would have been impossible a couple months ago. A couple months ago, there was far more security, and while some guards still remain, it isn't nearly enough. They don't bother to run Josi through security check. Though it may have to do with the fact that she's Idris's girlfriend as opposed to the fact that security is running thin.

Dami was generous enough with supplying not one but two. C-4's they are, with a detonator linked to their switches. Josi already has them hooked up to both the main building and the scout quarters. Somewhere in the east wing the bomb is, while Josi and Idris reside in the west. If it goes off it won't take them out just yet. All she needs is that moment of chaos before the entire building goes down.

Josi waits the entire day. She waits for the right moment when their dinner is served. Croff is with them, his eyes sharper than ever. He seems to watch Josi and only Josi. And Josi returns the stare, as innocently as she can. He has no way of knowing she already has the premises wired up. And it tickles her.

But the true moment comes when Croff takes his leave to go perform his last round of security checks. Josi will wait until he's well out of the dining room, when she's sure he's far away as possible.

The dining room grows even more still. Quiet. Idris sits at the head of the table, while Josi occupies the seat on the other end. She pays little attention to her food, because the only thing worth her time now is Idris. He eats his food half-heartedly, as his appetite has been missing for days now. It was Josi's idea to have dinner together today. Otherwise, he would have locked himself up in their bedroom.