Better Than Him

I think a lot of you have been waiting for this chapter, hope you enjoy ;)

Oh and um...this chapter has a maturity warning so beware!!

Let's get into it!

First Person POV - Y/n

I don't think any of us had ever sprinted faster. I bolted upstairs for the Marauder's Map while Harry got the Invisibility Cloak.

"It's cold-"

"Y/n can channel fire with her hands, we're fine!" yelled Harry.

We all ran out of the common room, covering ourselves with cloak and sprinted as well as we could while crouching since Ron and Harry were both 6 feet, probably taller.

We crept across the entrance hall and then out into the silent grounds covered with snow. I could see the light and smoke from Hagrid's hut and I sped up.

Once we got there, I knocked three times and Fang started barking loudly.

"Hagrid, it's us!" Harry called through the keyhole.

"Shoulda known!" said a gruff voice. "Bin home three seconds...Out the way, Fang...Out the way, yeh dozy dog..."

The door opened and I nearly fell back at how he looked.

"Hagrid, what in the hell-"

"Get in, get in," said Hagrid starting over our heads, "Wherever you are."

We rushed inside and took the cloak off and I got a better look at Hagrid, and he looked worse.

"It's nuthin', it's nuthin'!" said Hagrid, shutting the door behind us and hurrying to close all the curtains.

Hagrid's hair was covered with blood, and his left eye was puffed up, but the main part was the platoon of purple-and-black bruises.

"What happened to you?" Harry demanded

"Told yeh, nuthin'," said Hagrid firmly. "Want a cuppa?"

"Come off it," said Ron, "you're in a right state!"

"I'm tellin' yeh, I'm fine," said Hagrid, straightening up and turning to beam at them all, but wincing. "Blimey, it's good ter see you three again-had good summers, did yeh?"

"Hagrid, who attacked you?!" I asked.

"Fer the las' time, it's nuthin'!" said Hagrid firmly.

"Would you say it was nothing if one of us turned up with a pound of mince instead of a face?" Ron demanded.

"You ought to go and see Madam Pomfrey, Hagrid," said Hermione anxiously. "Some of those cuts look nasty."

"I'm dealin' with it, all righ'?" said Hagrid.

"So are you going to tell us what's happened to you?" Harry asked.

"Can', Harry. Top secret. More'n me job's worth ter tell yeh that."

"Did the giants beat you up, Hagrid?" asked Hermione quietly.

"Giants?" said Hagrid. "Who said anythin' abou' giants? Who yeh bin talkin' to? Who's told yeh what I've-who's said I've bin-eh?"

"We guessed," said Hermione apologetically.

"Oh, yeh did, did yeh?" said Hagrid.

"Hagrid, you're huge, to beat you up to the state you are in right now can only happen by a giant," I said trying to help, "Plus, it was obvious before that too."