9) Discussions of Ignorance

Context of this chapter: This is what happened at the meeting Lan Wangji was at last chapter!

"Who shall be chief cultivator?" Wen Ruohan,Sect leader of the Wen Clan who possess the genes of a legendary phoenix asked,it sounded more demanding though.All clans knew he was some type of a demanding Sect Leader who yearned to take control of things in the cultivation world showing no mercy.

"Sect leader Wen,I believe it should be based off skills and mentality,along with good morals." Lan Xichen,the other twin jade in the Lan Clan,elder brother of Lan Wangji, said.

"Well,in that case Xichen,it should be me,no? I am capable of all of that." Wen Ruohan stated,cultivators in this meeting began whispering to each other,they didn't wish to have a corrupted chief cultivator.

"Capable of everything except having a pure heart." Lan Wangji thought in his mind,he was not one to speak out loud.

"Do not get so full of yourself!" A loud voice called,it belonged to Nie Huaisang's Da-ge,Nie Mingjue.This man was strong and bulky.He would  be good as a chief cultivator,though he does not fit the role.He was skilled alright in cultivation.But he had major anger issues as anyone could tell,and although he has good morals,he could be..rather violent with them.

People began chattering,telling annoyed at Wen Ruohans complete prideful personality,ignorant as ever in this discussion.Lan Wangji sat in his seat,calm as ever.He disliked going meetings,especially when Wei Ying was not beside him.

"What about my younger brother then? He is capable of everything in need!" Lan Xichen suddenly said,everyone quieted for a moment,Lan Wangji looked up in disbelief,he had no idea he would be fit for a chief cultivator position. (Honey you got the mans and skills,wdym)

"Xiongzhang..?" Lan Wangji quietly said.

"Yes,I agree with Lan Xichen!" Nie Mingjue stated,he was a man of words AND action.

"Well you see..can a cut-sleeve really be fit for the job?" Wen Ruohan asked briefly.

Among the cultivators there,some looked displeased with this sentence as they did not mind that a strong cultivator among them was a cut-sleeve,some did though.Wei Changze and Cangse Sanren was there as they were both cultivators as well,so they just had to speak up for Wangji.

"My my,Ruohan you man of dishonorable words..what does love play a part of this,hm?" Cangse Sanren said with full confidence,Lan Wangji was grateful.

"Well-" Wen Ruohan started,but got interrupted.

"Well what? You think just because of love he shall lack the capability of a chief cultivator? Sir may I mind you that you have 2 sons,both bratty,don't you think that will drag you down as well?" Cangse Sanren said,words honest,no lie detected at all.

Lan Xichen looked pleased with her defending his little brother,he was positive Wei Wuxian wouldn't get in the way of Lan Wangji's position. (mhm we gonna forget in the canon story it really did get in the way of his position..)

"Yes,she does have a point,sect leader wen,I agree with her statement fully." Jin Guangyao stated,everyone began nodding their heads.

A few moments later,everyone discussed topics,cultivation and events.Lan Wangji glanced at Wei Wuxians parents a few times, truly grateful to them for supporting him.The meeting went on,but of course it ended.Everyone went their own directions,in 4 weeks the results of the chief cultivator shall be announced.

Lan Wangji started heading to cloud recesses alone due to his brother going with Nie Mingjue and Jin Guangyao.

 (Authors note: short chapter! This is just what happened at the meeting Lan Wangji attended for info!)

Word count: 567