Chapter 11 An offer

Antonio POV
Here I am sitting across from these two gentlemen with my mom and uncle Luther, the gentlemen with the the bald head and salt and pepper beard speaks first, " Well Mr. Bennett it great to finally meet you in person my name Samuel Livingston an your mother and I was sitting here talking we wanted to know have you made a decision on where you want to attend college after you graduate," oh great another recruiter I wish my mom would stop letting these guys come in and try to sell how great there sport scholarship program is, I've already had my mind made up about where I wanted to go. I'm sitting here too focused on trying to get this reservation confirmed at this restaurant, my mom nudged me seeing that I didn't realize that Mr. Livingston had stopped talking almost 6 mins. Ago, I looked up and I politey declined the offer,"I'm sorry Mr. Livingston but if my mom would've informed you earlier I've already chosen where I want to attend school, but thank you for your consideration." I held out my hand and gave both him and his associate both a handshake and left out the living room, "My apologies Mr. Livingston my son can be a bit head strong." My mom said as she led them both through the door. When I heard the door shut, I knew what would come next, "Antonio get down here please." My mom said "Patricia is this nessary? " uncle Luther asked," Luther this is none of your business this is between me and my son stay out it." My mom said, I opened the door and stepped out into the hallway "Ma what is it ?" I  said, "Antonio this I the fourth time you have turned down another opportunity to be accepted by a great College, what is your problem. " My mom said " Ma I already told you where I'm going.," She always conveniently forgets about that, "where at Ant ?" Uncle Luther asked. Before I could answer, my mother did," UCLA  400 hundred miles across the country, why when you have great local colleges right here in this state?" My mom sat down with her right handed  palm on her face to cover up her frustration with me, I've known for the longest that she has been wanting me to stay and be close by because she's knows that once I leave she would be in this house all by herself and I don't think she could really handle being alone she could handle my father's passing, but not me going all the way across the country to be able to experience uninhibited and be able to go about my business without worrying if somebody knows me or can point me out in the crowd for once I just wanted to be like the regular person amongst the crowd of people and I can only get that by getting away from our small ass town  in North Carolina. After my mom has finally decided to get off of her tirade for the evening I proceed to go ahead and finish getting dressed and ready for me and D date, I grabbed my keys and I started heading towards the door but then I stopped turned back around and gave my mother a kiss on the cheek, "ma I love you sorry for getting you upset." My mother proceeded to grab my right hand and give it a little kiss, "I love too baby, please take it into some consideration to just at least look at schools here for me....please. " My mom said with a brief sigh and a rolling of my eyes " sure ma I'll consider it, but anyway I got to get going  hanging out with some friends. " I said  as walked towards the door. " don't stay out too late. " I faintly heard my mom  say, I hopped into my car started it up and was making a straight B line towards D's house.
Meanwhile  back at Antonio house Luther walks back into the living room to ask Patricia this question " so when you're going to tell him that he's my son." 😱😱😱 uh oh.