Ch 13 A Night to remember pt.2

Antonio POV
I'm standing  in line with D waiting for our table to get ready I glance over at him and he is in a daze I wanted to ask what he was amazed about but I let him have his moment, the wonderment glowed from him and I was really seeing him as something deeper than the physical aspect. For the first time I felt something for him,I wanted to protect him, I wanted to stay in this moment with him foreve....." yo Ant what are you doing here?" Melly asked as he grabbed my shoulder from behind. Fuck I thought to myself, why dose this keep happening whenever we want to be alone. I regain my composure and respond to Melly " I could ask the same thing about you nigga ?" I said as I turned towards him after seeing the uniform i got my answer, " Well if you weren't up this new thoty ass  you trying to smash, you would've known I been working here for the past 3 weeks." Melly answered." My bad bruh." That's all I can really say yeah I've been neglectful in the area of friendships,but that because D has more of a stimulating conversation to offer. Speaking of which where the hell did he go ? " So am I finally going to see how bad this girl is ? " Melly asked, Not paying attention to the question due to me scanning the room for any sign of D, Melly waves his hand in my face to break me out my train of thought, I hate when he dose that. " Melly what's up with the interrogation ? " I said " interrogation?, bruh all I was doing was asking a simple..." Melly is cut off by the appearance of D walk up to us, oh shit that's it game over,D rushes over to us , "  Antonio, Jemel how are you two ?" He asked in his usual polite manner, " BB shawny what brings you here I'm sorry to tell you this but the portion sizes here won't feel you up. " Melly laughed as he tried to coax me into joining, I looked at D and he is unfazed by it, " Well seeing that  you serve the ball on court because you're second fiddle to Antonio, the job fits you perfectly to serve ?" Damn D I knew he was a cut nigga's but not that deep note to self when you piss him off he will speak his mind. D then saids" so if  you would kindly do what you're being paid for it would be much appreciated" 
Melly shocked at D's comment had a face full of anger, but he pays him no mind,he looks over at me and askes me, " look Antonio I need a ride home, and before you say no, I want you to remember I've been letting you slide by lying to coach Romney about you making an effort for us to get along, so what's your decision ?" D gives me a wink, and I play along,"Man aight, but don't fucking talk to me, while we heading home and keep your smart ass mouth shut. the. fuck. up." Damn me and D make a great duo. " Thanks Antonio I'll wait outside and don't be long I got a project to work on." D said. I look over at Melly and he still visibly upset, "yo Melly don't  let that shit get to you, he's just becoming an asshole becausehe think coach will protect him." I said " I'm going to fuck him up."Melly answered, suddenly this other guy in a black suite comes up behind Melly and Taps his shoulder " uh Jemel what do you think you're doing you're supposed to be serving tables six seven and nine come on stop fraternizing with the guest and get back to work please." The manager walked away and Melly had to take a deep breath to calm himself down, after doing that I told him I'll talk to him later and I left the restaurant there was D sitting on the benches in front of the restaurant I motion for him to walk over to the car so we could finally breathe aside of relief that we got ourselves out of that close situation. Once we're in the car I turned to him." Dee I can't believe you were able to pull something off like that like wow. " D takes an over exaggerated bow and says " the Oscar goes to...." before we both laughed. I start the car and I decide that we're going to take a detour and I'm finally going to show him the special place that I wanted to show him when we had our first argument. He happily agrees to go along with the idea however he did say that he was starving " where do you want to go ?" I asked he pointed to the Jack in the Box I turned in we grabbed some food and we began to make our way to my special spot. Hopefully this night won't be interrupted anymore hopefully.