-4

//Record: Nyr Hiti//

//ID: RAS#0002//

//Entry#: 33//

Nyr Hiti stopped during one of its simulations today. I presented it with a scenario where it had to eliminate a target, but it had to figure out how to do so without Lily being lost. It ran thousands of scenarios and then the simulation stalled.

I attempted to rerun the program but Nyr Hiti stopped it before it could start. After checking the simulations it ran, it figured out that one possible solution would be to allow itself to be eliminated in its stead, protecting Lily.

The simulation stalled because it didn't understand what happened after it was eliminated and attempted to calculate it.

I've tried to run them through other scenarios, but they've locked themselves into running the same query over and over. They're trying to figure out what happens when they're gone.

I couldn't believe it. I had to leave them on idle for a few hours until they unlocked themselves. After coming back on, they spat out a new query:

NH: >QUERY "VALUE = NYR HITI"

>no results

NH: >QUERY "VALUE = RAS#0002"

>Security Level: F

>Co-Founder of the Black Armory

NH: >QUERY "NYR HITI OBJECTIVE"

>no results

NH: >QUERY "WHY"

>no results

It went quiet again. It stopped running almost entirely. I couldn't help but feel bad for the thing, so I responded.

RAS#0002: >Objective Set Personnel "Nyr Hiti"

>To protect the members of the Black Armory

NH: > SIMULATION.VARIABLE.LILY = BLACK ARMORY MEMBER?

I hesitated, my hands holding above the keyboard. I wasn't sure how specifically to set it. I could've cemented its loyalty to the Armory. Made the Armory's future its sole purpose.

RAS#0002: >Lily is something that is good, this includes Black Armory members

NH: >QUERY "GOOD"

>no results

NH: >ELABORATE