6: The Count and Engagement Dilemmas

3rd Person.

Shortly after their conversation with Duke Alfred, Y/N and the girls returned to the outpost where Rurushi Ru and Y/N had fun farming together as he provided her with the necessary ingredients and materials for healing or enhancing properties. Her superb skills as a pharmacist proved invaluable to Y/N and everyone else as there was little to no need to purchase healing potions or the like. The week was relatively quiet as Y/N and the girls got to know each other even more, strengthening bonds, raiding dungeons, and treasure hunting. After one of their adventures together, Y/N calls on Linze as he wants to speak with her privately.

Y/N: "Linze."

Linze: "Y-Yes, What is it?"

Y/N: "Let's talk privately for a moment."

Y/N and Linze got inside a room as he pulled out massive piles of documents that he and his fellow clones stole and stashed on the place.

Linze: "Is there something you need?"

Y/N: "Yes. I need your help on this one."

Linze then saw the documents and she was surprised to see noble markings on such paper.

Linze: "Where did you get all of these?"

Y/N: "I stole them from one of our enemies."

Linze: "You stole these?!"

Y/N: "Each document contains numerous pieces of evidence we can use against the nobles who tried to bag you and your sister, the gang accomplices who are after Yae and Yuzuki. I entrusted this only to you because you're the only one I am... willing to disclose an important asset."

Linze blushed at his remark as Y/N found himself stuttering a bit speaking to her, which confused the ARC Trooper why her face became red all of a sudden.

Linze: "Th-Thanks, Y/N. I will help you. Let's get started then."

Both Y/N and Linze started decrypting numerous letters and it was no doubt that something large was about to happen. It involved plots to get the king to declare war on Mismede and other methods to "convince" him otherwise if he refused. The ARC Trooper doesn't normally care but he fears if he ignores this issue, His enemies will have much broader authority and might use the kingdom's resources to threaten him and his friends. That night, The girls slept but Y/N didn't as he summoned all of his clones to discuss their future operations.

Y/N: "This planet will soon be under our control if weren't for these bloated corrupt nobles interfering with our mission."

Buster: "There will always be someone who will try to stop us at all costs, Captain."

Bogdanoff: "Impossible. I am Bogdanoff and I am inevitable. They will however pay the price dearly. Why is it you called us at this late night?"

Y/N: "It's time we execute a plan of action tomorrow. I have everything I can use against him thanks to all of you and Linze's efforts. That bloated Duke will be on the castle and I could use your help Boomer to investigate further traces if he did do something stupid."

Boomer: "Tell me what I have to do, Captain."

Y/N: "Granted. You will find traces of Count Balsa's doings and steal further more evidence."

Boomer: "Copy that."

Y/N: "Good. We'll be ready by 0630 hours."

Scene Change, Alephis Capital City, Duke Alfred's Palace, Y/N POV.

After compiling everything in my bag, I used Gate Spell over to the Duke's mansion just as his carriage took off. The carriage stops, and the Duke suddenly slams the door open, which surprised me.