8. Lunch date

Avyaan

Shikar called me to ask if I was free to meet Aarushi. I am dying to meet her and here this idiot is asking if I have time. I said I could cancel a few of my meetings to meet her. He said he would ask Aarushi and let me know.

It has been half an hour since we talked and he has not called me back yet. What's taking him so long to inform me? I was lost in my thoughts when my phone went off. It's him.

"I know you don't like picking up and dropping people but can you please pick her up from the hospital tomorrow? I can't let my mom know about your meeting and I have surgery tomorrow." He said in one go. Nervousness is evident in his tone. 

"Okay. I will pick her up at 12 tomorrow." I said and hung up.

"Get ready to meet me, Sweetheart," I said to myself, tossed my phone on the bed, and started working on my presentation.

The next day I got ready and left for the office early as I have a few meetings lined up and I don't want to delay them. By the time my meetings got over it was already 11:30. I took my blazer and came out of the building. I instructed my driver to take me to the hospital.

We reached the hospital in 20 minutes. I am sitting in Shikar's cabin. Maybe he was busy in rounds. I was just scrolling through my emails when I heard footsteps. Soon, a sweet smell filled my nostrils. I looked up to see her who was carrying a file and bag in her hands. I am sitting in a way that she should turn back to see me.

"Where did bhai go? I will search for him later. First, let me get changed in Bhabi's cabin." She spoke to herself and dashed out without sparing me a glance. But why does she need to change? She was looking gorgeous the way she was.

I was lost in my thoughts when Shikar walked in. 

"Hey! You are early." He remarked.

"Yeah! My work was completed sooner than expected." I replied nonchalantly. His gaze fell on the file lying on the table.

"Did she come?" He asked picking up the file. I just shrugged my shoulders.

She walked in after 10 minutes.

She hugged her brother and took a peek at me

She hugged her brother and took a peek at me. I smirked and she soon averted her gaze. 

"You both should leave now. I have surgery in 30 min." Shikar said looking at his watch. I got up to leave and she followed suit.

"Bring her back before evening," Shikar yelled from inside and I showed him a thumbs up moving out. I took the keys from the driver and asked my security to leave us alone.

I took the driver seat and she took the passenger seat. She is playing with her hair and biting her lips. That means she is nervous. I can feel my rising heartbeats too.

"You knew I was sitting there right?" I asked concentrating on the road.

"Yes." She replied in a low tone looking out of the window.