Part 25: Returning as a champion (Part 3)

''Look at Miguel, standing there with Terry. I can't believe he joined forces with him after everything you all went through together,'' Kenny started.

''Yeah, it feels like he turned his back on you guys. I thought he was different,'' Kyler added.

''Miguel is still our friend, but now it seems like he's chosen a different path. It's hard to understand,'' Hawk said determined raising his voice a little.

''Well, he's not my friend if he's going to fight against me,'' Robby said.

He, filled with anger and resentment, keeps his eyes locked on Miguel, unable to forgive him for what he perceives as a betrayal. Miguel, aware of the hostile glares and whispers from his former dojo mates, feels a pang of sadness and guilt. He knows he has to prove himself and show them that he hasn't forgotten the values Johnny taught him. Johnny approaches Miguel and looks at him with a mix of concern.

''Miguel....what is this?'' Johnny asked confused.

''Sensei, I haven't forgotten everything you taught me. But Terry... he's complicated. I believe I can help him find his way back to the right path. I need you to trust me, please,'' Miguel said with determined look as Johnny looked at him.

''Just be careful, okay? Remember what Cobra Kai stood for before Terry came along,'' Johnny said as Miguel nodded.

Miguel nods, understanding the weight of Johnny's words. He feels the weight of the students' betrayed looks but remains determined to prove himself and protect those he cares about.

~~~

Now, it was time to see who is a true champion.

''Hey,'' Hawk said as Robby looked at him.

''What?'' Robby asked, feeling anger rising inside him.

''Don't fight him like he's your enemy. You remember that you both were friends, right?'' Hawk asked as Robby scoffed.

''Were, that's in the past. Miguel asked for this,'' Robby said.

Johnny and Daniel shared worried looks as they looked back at Robby and Miguel. The tension in the arena reaches its peak as Miguel and Robby step onto the mat, representing their respective dojos. The eyes of the students from Cobra Kai, Miyagi-Do, and Eagle Fang are fixed on the match, their conflicting emotions evident on their faces. His friends, conflicted by their feelings of betrayal, can't help but worry for him, hoping that he hasn't lost himself completely in his alliance with Terry. Their eyes flicker between Miguel and Robby, unsure of what to expect. As the match begins, Miguel and Robby circle each other, the air thick with anticipation. They exchange a few quick jabs and kicks, testing each other's defenses.

''Robby, we used to be friends. We don't have to do this,'' Miguel said through gritted teeth.

''It's too late for that, Miguel. You made your choice,'' Robby said determined.

Miguel's instincts kick in, and he starts predicting Robby's moves, countering his aggressive strikes with precise blocks and evasive maneuvers. Miguel's defensive stance contrasts with Robby's offensive onslaught.

''I'm not your enemy!'' Miguel yelled as he blocked his punch.

''Shut up! I don't need your advice!'' He yelled back frustrated.

Miguel's predictions continue to frustrate Robby, who becomes increasingly desperate to land a blow. His focus and determination are evident as he stays one step ahead, despite the conflicting emotions swirling within him.

''I don't want to hurt you,'' Miguel said firmly as he looked at Johnny.

''Come on, show me what you got,'' Robby said as he started attacking him again.

The intensity of their fight mirrors the emotional conflict between the two former friends. Miguel's technique and skill showcase the training he's received from both Johnny and Terry, but his heart still beats with the values of loyalty and friendship. As the match progresses, the crowd becomes captivated by the display of skill, determination, and conflicting emotions. Miguel's friends, torn between their feelings of betrayal and concern for his well-being, watch with a mix of worry and hope.

Everyone were so tensed seeing the best valley champions fighting against each other. They both loved Robby and Miguel, and it was hard for them to tell who's better champion or fighter.  At one moment Miguel grabbed Robby's arm and throwed him on the ground. Robby groaned as he grabbed Miguel's arm pulling him on the mat too. They started fighting on the mat as Miguel at one moment managed to lift his leg and kick Robby in the stomach.

''WOW! Mr. Diaz proved himself again by winning the tournament again, but this time he achieved to become the champion twice!'' Judge yelled as Robby punched the mat angrily and got up.

''Show him Robby!'' Kyler yelled as Hawk went towards them.

''You have something to say?'' Miguel asked in angry tone.

''Hey! Enough,'' Hawk said as he put hand on Robby's chest to show him to back off.

''This is not over,'' Robby said as he left.

Hawk looked worried at Miguel as Miguel looked down feeling guilty.

''Man, are you sure that you're doing the right thing? I mean, just look at him,'' Hawk said as he looked at Terry who was already looking at them.

''Yes, I'm sure. I need you to trust me, just like our sensei do,'' Miguel said as he looked at Johnny and smiled a little.

Hawk looked at Johnny understanding.

''Okay, sure. Be safe,'' Hawk said nodding as he tapped his shoulder before he left.