•17

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

The way into the basement is lead by Stefan, as he looks back to check if the girl behind him is still there. Achilles was on a trip out of town to check on the Doukas' family sirelines with Myles while Aiyana was on a trip to see if she could find a spell to bring her husband back.

Stefan had decided to trust and show Asteria where he kept the Mikaelson coffins. He knew she wouldn't tell Klaus, mostly because she loved annoying him with the fact that she did know where they were and he didn't. Stefan also couldn't keep the fact where her soulmate was away from her.

It also didn't help he walked into his room where she was holding a diary of his and chanting the words to a location spell while holding something that belonged to her soulmate. Stefan knew Asteria was a powerful witch, yet didn't know she could track her soulmates casket by using something that belonged to him and something that belonged to the person that hid the box.

"You stuffed them in a basement?" Asteria groans as they reach the bottom. She hadn't talked since he walked into the room and she threatend him to take her to the coffins or she would kill him where he stood. She was never able to stay mad at Stefan after all. Even though she could've easily found the casket without using something that belonged to Stefan, she wanted to make sure her spell was right.

"It's the only hiding spot I could think of that insured that Klaus wouldn't find it. I also couldn't get inside that cave so it is not like I could put them in there. Got any better hiding spots?" Stefan watches Asteria's eyes fly over to the caskets before stopping on one in particular.

Before he could even open his mouth the blonde is already walking over towards it, her fingers trailing the casket. The urge to open it being higher than ever. Stefan watches her freeze, her thoughts running a million times an hour. He feels bad for his closest friend, knowing it must hurt to see your soulmate like this.

"Klaus isn't here, you can open it." Stefan's voice fills her ears as her hands are on top of the latches. She shakes her head, her eyes meeting her best friends. She can't see him like this, she can't. The thoughts are overflowing the longer her fingers touch the latches.

"I can't, Stef. I can't pull the dagger out or see him. It will break my heart if I see him in that state. I was there everytime he got daggered and the last time it hurt more than any time before. I don't want to remember that feeling, ever." Stefan speeds over to her as she breaks down, that night in 1914 replaying in her mind, how Elijah held Kol down, how Klaus daggered him while Rebekah smiled into her glass and Asteria was frozen in her spot next to her in fear and pain.

"Hey, Asty, you don't have too. I know No Humanity Stefan and all, but that somehow fades away with you. I guess that is a best friend thing, but I refuse to see you upset over a box. Just please do not tell Klaus where they are, I will make sure they are safe." Asteria softly nods at Stefan's words as he holds her.

The two best friends stay in that spot for the rest of the afternoon.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Klaus looks up from the blueprints as Asteria sits down in a chair, a book in her hands. He hadn't seen her all day, and had grown quite worried given he had no clue where she was. He had promised to protect and take care of her, but with everything going on it was hard for him to focus on all of the things he needed to do.

"Asteria, what brings you here? I don't doubt that you have better things to do, homework perhaps?" Klaus watches her flip open the book to where she quit reading last time.

"I am doing my homework. I was told to read this book for English, and annoying you is a plus while doing this." Asteria innocently smiles. Klaus narrows his eyes at her, quickly figuring out that she knew something that he didn't, and most likely about the coffins since she hasn't been mad at Stefan for a few days now.

"You know where the caskets are. Tell me, Asteria." Klaus tils his head at her, growing impatient. He knew it was only a matter of time before Asteria found out where the caskets were, especially since she never strays too far or too long apart with Kol's.

"I do not know what you are talking about." Asteria's eyes fly into her book, shortly looking over the top with a mischievious glint in them as she looks at the Hybrid. All Klaus wanted to do at that moment was get angry, yet he knew that would only make sure Asteria definitly didn't tell him anything that she knew.

"If you tell me where they are I will pull Kol's dagger out as soon as I get them back. You have my word on that, Steria." Klaus watches Asteria's eyes go softer at the thought of having Kol back up and walking around. It didn't help that she had no clue that all she had to do all summer was open the bloody casket and she could've had it.

"You are lying to me, Nik. You daggered Elijah for wanting the rest of his family back, no matter how far he was willing to go. I have wanted Kol back since 1914 and you have refused me it every single time. Your word on giving me Kol back means nothing to me until I see it with my own eyes." With that the blonde her eyes go back towards the page of her book.

Klaus lets out an frustrated groan, this is the last thing he wanted to deal with today. He understood her reasoning, given he gave her his word to give Kol back to her before and he never did or found excuses and loopholes so he didn't have to. It had caused Asteria to snap his neck once when he interrupted her time with Elijah and Rebekah at the Opera in New Orleans.

"So you can go suck it because I am not telling you where they are."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───