17

Yeah! My parents! I forgot about them completely. However, there's a huge problem. I know they exist but I can't remember who they are. I turned to my night stand to look at the ripped picture of Ame but I can't remember the original picture. When it was taken and where. I was planning on visiting this NATO thing and they were asking me to meet up as fast as I can. 

I tried to get some shut eyes so that I could do more investigation tomorrow.

I woke up and my hair was a mess from the turning around I did when I was sleeping. I fixed it before climbing off the bed. I walked towards my closet and wore a simple brown shirt with navy blue jeans. I checked my wallet if I had anymore money left and I groaned seeing that I spend a lot yesterday. I needed some money if I ever want to find them. 

I grabbed the letter and folded it half a bunch of times before putting it in my pocket. I walked down the hallway to the bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth. From the mirror I saw Aussie coming out, rubbing his eyes while walking down the stairs. 

I spat out the liquid and cleaned my mouth. I followed him down quietly and I saw him go into the kitchen. It was separated by a door from the living room and I kept my eyes on the stairs and the door. I walked towards the coat hangers and found a bowl with a wallet.

I eyed the wallet, then to the door, then back to the wallet.

I grabbed it, making sure that I don't make a lot of sound from the keys that were on top of it. I flipped open and saw the id, saying it was Aussie's. I took a deep breath and looked back to the door.

If I borrow some money, he wouldn't mind it, right?

I looked back down and saw multiple bills of 20. I grabbed only one to not raise suspicions and placed it exactly where I found it. I shoved the money quickly in my pocket when I heard footsteps. My heart sped up and I quickly sat down on the couch, staring blankly at the television while the door opened. 

-There's pancake batter in the fridge, make some for yourself. Kiwi and I are going somewhere. Aussie said and came out with Kiwi behind him.

-Alright. Where are you going?

-To work. Kiwi answered and they wore their shoes.

I watched as Aussie grabbed his wallet and keys, not opening it at all. I hold onto my breath as he opened the door. Kiwi waved at me before closing the door and locking it. I let my breath go and my body tingled. 

This is what adrenaline feels like. 

I looked to the fire place and noticed pictures. I haven't been as observant as I thought I was. I walked up to them and noticed a family picture. Everyone was there. America, Aussie, Kiwi and me. And so was my parents. Looking at this picture it was clear as day that divorce was a long time coming. But they were forced to smile to keep up the image as a perfect family. Were we that broken?

I grabbed it and turned to the main entrance. There wasn't any sound and I was the only one. I took off the frame and with shaky hands, I took the photo out. I hid the empty frame and placed the picture down on the table. There was me and only me.

I looked to the kitchen and a pair of eyes were watching me. Jake's eyes. 

I hold his gaze and he wasn't moving at all. I looked around myself and straightened my back. I moved to the left and his head followed me. I walked closer to him and he got up, gently wagging his tail. He turned towards the backyard and I laughed nervously.

-Oh, you just wanted to get out. 

I walked closer to him and he turned to me, waiting. When he understood that I wanted to take him out, he led me the way. He tapped on the wooden floor so lightly as if he was jumping each step, as if it was all air. He sniffed my ankles before I opened the door.

I opened it for him and had a small smile. He stopped smelling me and he walked off with his head hung low in the grass. He smelled the aroma while walking before suddenly stopping. I was weirded out by this action. He lifted his head and turned to me, his back facing me. 

He saw me and knows. 

I found it creepy and I slowly went back inside, leaving a small gap to let him in. I walked to the kitchen to try and cook the pancakes but I didn't have the appetite. I closed the fridge and took out my phone. I took out the paper and spread it out on the counter, looking for the address that was left. I write in my phone and it gave me the route using the train system. 

I still need to find my parents but since this NATO thing was my only lead to America, might just visit it now. And then I can ask if Ukraine can come and get an interview. I went to go grab Jake to bring him inside but he was running around the huge field. I saw the dog house that had food and water so I fully closed the door. 

I grabbed the keys from the front door, locking the back door before wearing my shoes and locking the front door when I left. 

~

I followed the instructions with my phone and arrived at a large building. I felt uncomfortable with only wearing my brown shirt. There were business men with suits that were entering the building and scanning their card. I followed them and the guards eyed me and I walked towards a booth. Someone was in it and he was wearing a full official suit. He looked up to me, pushing his hat back. 

-How can I help you? He asked me and stopped writing.

-Hi, I received a letter from this company saying that I had to talk to NATO as fast as possible.

I showed him the letter and he grabbed it to take a look. He nodded and handed me a book full of names and asked me to fill it out. I took the pen that he handed to me and wrote down my name, date and the time. 

-Here you go. He gave me a visitor card and I grabbed it, placing it over my neck. His office is at the top floor. You will need this key to use at the elevator.

-Thank you. I grabbed the letter back and he smiled to me.

-Welcome back, Sir Canada. 

(Author's note)

Y'all misunderstood the last note TwT...

I wasn't talking for the future of this book. I was literally talking about the future. I have something planned.