4 - Kanaya

Fuck. I did not want to say that.

        "(Name)?" I hesitated, slowly reaching for the knob. Her whimpers never ceased, only turned into a small cry. I felt my heart twist violently in my chest.I turned the knob quietly. The door was unlocked and I slowly walked in.

        (Name) sat on the floor, her back facing me. I saw her shoulders bounce with every cry she tried to hold in. My head ached and I felt the urge to apologize a thousand times, telling her I'm sorry and that I loved her. But all I did was stare at her back.

        I knelt down and wrapped my hands around to her stomach, pulling her close to my chest, where she willingly leaned back and cried into her palms against me. I leaned my chin onto her shoulder, finding the words to heal her pain.

~

        I guess (Name) had texted Kanaya while I yelled at her through the door, because only fifteen minutes after I had let her cry herself out, Kanaya came and found us both on the bedroom floor.

        Kanaya went to the car to wait for her, but I tried to grab onto (Name)'s wrist, to get her to stay with me, to let her know I was sorry. But she ignored my gesture and grabbed her phone and dress, walking out to the awaiting car with tears still dry on her cheeks.

        As soon as they left, Kanaya texted me.

GA:  Karkat?

GA: (Name) Insists She Wants To Accompany Me To The Party.

GA:  Will You Be Attending?

CG:  WELL IF (NAME) IS ATTENDING I GUESS I HAVE NO CHOICE.

CG:  I'M NOT EVEN SURE SHE FUCKING WANTS TO GO WITH ME.

GA:  What Makes You Think This?

CG:  SHE DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT?

GA:  I'm Confused.

GA:  She Has Barely Said Anything Since We Had Gotten To Our Destination.

GA:  You Wouldn't Mind Telling Me What Actually Happened Would You?

CG:  I TRIED TO CONVINCE HER NOT TO GO, BUT THE SHIT HIT THE FAN.

CG:  ALL OF THE SHIT.

CG:  IT WAS ALMOST LIKE EVERY PATHETIC LIVING THING JUST TOOK A SHIT AND WHIPPED IT AT ME LIKE A FUCKING HURRICANE OF SHIT.

CG:  ACTUALLY THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN A BIT TOO GROSS.

GA:  I Apologize, But,

GA:  I Have No Idea What You're Trying To Say.

GA:  Please, Explain.

CG:  FUCK, SORRY.

CG:  ANYWAY, I WAS TRYING TO GET HER TO STAY HOME FOR HEALTH PURPOSES, BUT MAYBE SHE JUST DIDN'T REALIZE IT WAS MANDATORY.

CG:  I JUST, ROYALLY SCREWED UP.

CG:  I MEAN **ROYALLY**.

GA:  Hm. I Suppose I Can Understand A Bit.

GA:  However, I Still Think You Should Accompany Us.

GA:  Despite Whatever You Think (Name) Will Say, I Can Only Imagine She Will Appreciate It.

CG:  I GUESS. *SIGH*, WHATEVER. I'LL GET READY TO GO AND YOU CAN DROP HER OFF OR SOME SHIT, I'LL BRING HER THERE.

GA:  No Need For That.

GA:  I Will Simply Pick You Up And Bring You Both Along With Rose And Myself.

GA:  If That Is Alright.

CG:  IS THAT WHAT (NAME) WANTED TO DO?

GA:  Yes.

CG:  OKAY. THAT'S FINE I GUESS.

GA:  Good. I Will Be Returning (Name) Now, And I'll Be Back To Get You Two Before Dave's Party.

CG:  THANKS KANAYA.

GA:  My Pleasure.