ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖

It was now the beginning of November and it had been two months since I sent in my application to NYDAD, but I still had heard nothing from them. Peter had been texting me every day after school, asking me if I had heard anything from them. He had been supportive of me and applying to NYDAD, even if that meant we wouldn't see each other as much. But we both avoided that conversation while we waited to see if he got into MIT or if I got into NYDAD. But Eleanor thinks that we should do it soon, before it gets too complicated.

But as I wait, I got another letter from others music colleges that were close to the ones that Peter applied to. But one after another they arrived and one after another I wasn't accepted, and I slowly started to realize that NYDAD might be my last chance at all, and I was beginning to panic. I told my father and Eleanor that it was fine, that they were just back plans and that NYDAD was the one, but I think they could tell it was starting to get to me as more of the letters came in. 

And that brings us too today, we were off from school because there was a teacher conference that all the teachers must attend. So, I decided that I would take a shift at Peter Pan Donuts to distract myself from waiting around for the letter. I had gotten my letter from MCM last week, but they were the same case as the other college, "we regret to inform you..."

As I was working, I felt my phone vibrate and saw that it was from the groupchat with Ned and Peter in it. 

The Three AMIGOS 

Peter > MIT LETER IS HERE

Ned > Mine too

Peter > we must open them together 

Ned > ok, where?

You < Well, I'm at work 

Peter > When your break 

You < 12 why?

Peter > Ned, meet me at Y/N's job at 12 

Ned > will do

I waited anxiously for Ned and Peter to come to find out if they had gotten in, MIT was their last chance of getting into college, and I could tell that they were getting worried about being rejected from all the colleges. It didn't help that the shop was empty. As I waited for them to arrive I was on Twitter and saw a lot of people had gotten their call backs already, including Melissa Thorne, who was in my music class. She was good, I will admit that... but better than me, I don't think so.

Ned was the first one to arrive. "Is Peter here yet?" he asked. "Not yet,he texted me a while ago, saying he was leaving, but it shouldn't take this long," I tell him before grabbing him a scone and coffee. "Do you think something happened" he asked, "I hope not, I'm sure he just got caught up with something" I tell Ned before changing the subject, so I don't begin to worry.

"MJ got in, you know" I shout to Ned while making his coffee, "to MIT?" he asked, and I nodded. "No shock there, girl is smart," he says before taking a bite out of his scone. After a couple minutes of waiting, I finally saw Peter land outside the shop. I was still getting used to seeing Peter swing around without his suit, but I guess because everyone knew he was spiderman, he could do that now. He rushes into the café and heads to the back area where Ned is waiting. "Your father told me to give you this," he says, handing me a letter. And on it in big bold letters was NYDAD, "WAIT HOW?" I asked.

"Your father texted me telling me that it arrived and wanted me to surprise you with it and so he asked me to swing by," he tells me. "Ready?" I asked holding the letter in my shaking hands, I looked at the two boys,this was our last chance to get into college with all our backups failing. "I feel like I'm going to puke," Ned tells us, "Please don't, I'll be the one that has to clean it," I say, moving back a bit with a serious face. "On three," Peter says, "Three," He began to count, "Y/N , I thought I asked you to take down the Halloween decorations" I hear my boss call from the other room.